Skip to content

Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

12 results found

1. Cannot resize Epub Interactivity Preview panel

I can not resize the Epub Interactivity Preview Panel at all.
    I am using the latest InDesign CC 2018.

SWF Preview panel is fine.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed: Fixed  ·  amaarora responded

Hi all,

We worked on this issue . Please update InDesign to latest release i.e. 14.0.2 and let us know if the issue is fixed for you.

Thanks

2. Publish Online

On Android phones and tablets: Publish Online skips pages when trying to swipe from page-to-page in certain Publish Online documents.

The thread on the forums is here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2419718

The documents that have been reported to exhibit this behavior include:

1, "Five Days from Nowhere," found here https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/publish-online.html

1. And also this document that's in my Publish Online gallery https://indd.adobe.com/view/ab79b8c6-1265-44e3-aeae-7dccfb89cd94
    15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. You do not have access to Publish Online service.

I have been working with publish online services and have spent the past few days publishing some document and everything works.

Suddenly today, I began receiving this error when trying to publish online "You cannot use this feature right now. Please check your network connectivity."

Additionally, when I try to access the publish online dashboard I see this error: "You do not have access to Publish Online service."

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. You do not have access to Publish Online service.

I have been working with publish online services for a few months now and have spent the past few days re-publishing the same document trying work out some kinks in the button operations and animation timing.

Suddenly today, I began receiving this error when trying to publish online "You cannot use this feature right now. Please check your network connectivity."

Additionally, when I try to access the publish online dashboard I see this error: "You do not have access to Publish Online service."

I am currently running version 15.0.

Has anyone had this happen before and know what to do?…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed: Fixed  ·  amaarora responded

This has been fixed. Please check if you are able to access the Publish Online service

Thanks

5. Issues with epub quality on the new 2023 update

I'm a book publisher. I downloaded the latest InDesign update last week. I created the files and saved them like in the previous software. However, the vendors are all rejecting the epub files stating they're not validating in their epub software. I had to go redownload the prior version of InDesign, and it works like a charm. The glitch seems to be in the new version of the InDesign software.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. World-Ready composer breaks hyperlinks for Publish Online

When the WR composer is applied to text, it breaks hyperlinks when the document is published via Publish Online. The hyperlinks work fine when the document is sent to PDF. The hyperlinks work fine when the WR composer is changed to the Adobe Paragraph Composer.
    This is to correct the title of this bug report, please reference it: https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/33786565-publish-online-breaks-hyperlinks

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello All,

Thank you for reporting the issue to us.
    We have fixed the issue in the latest version of InDesign, Id 14.0.3

Please upgrade your InDesign application to the latest version to try out the fix.

If you are unable to see the update yet, go to Creative Cloud desktop application, open the menu (three dots) from the top-right corner and click on ‘Check For App Updates’.

If you face any problems with the new update, do let us know in the comments.

You may also follow the below given link for the list of all fixed issues in Id 14.0.3
    https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/fixed-issues.html

7. Numbering restarts from 1 after an unnumbered style in exported html

1. InDesign 18.1 (since 17.2.1)
    2. Create a numbered list paragraph, insert a line of a different paragraph style not containing numbers, continue the numbered list on the next line, the number continues from the previous list. Export this file to an html file.
    3. Expect the number to follow what we see in the InDesign file
    4. The number restarts from 1 after the inserted line of a different paragraph style
    6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Endnotes in ePub use identical id's where an id should be Unique

When InDesign 18.0 and earlier versions make a reflowable ePub, the endnotes cause the file to be rejected when checked by https://www.ebookit.com/tools/bp/Bo/eBookIt/epub-validator. The reason: each endnote reference is embedded in a span with an id twice, and the name or identifier of that id is the same. In HTML (which is the construct of an ePub) each id should be unique. You cannot have a HTML file with two elements with the same id-name. The next line can be found at the endnote reference, but a similar thing coccurs on the backlink, back from the endnote text to the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. EPUB – Endnote backlink issues for INDB files

When exporting EPUB 3.0 (and 2.01) from an InDesign(2022, version 17.4) book file, endnotes only link in the first chapter where they are found. Subsequent chapters reveal <a> tags with empty href attributes.
    Backlinks are required by virtually all ebook publishers. For academic books, endnotes are essential and the request for EPUB formats is only increasing.

So far Adobe Car's response: "Currently, we do not have a workaround for this issue other than creating a single document instead of book or manually modifying backlink in the exported EPUB file." This isn't acceptable or even always possible.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Embedded Publish Online doc fails in Firefox

Embedded Publish Online pages do not behave properly (i.e., go to full screen mode) in the latest release of Firefox 62.0.3 on Mac.

Please go to these two websites and click on the embedded document. It will attempt to go to full screen, but the cover only is jammed in the upper left corner of the screen. You can't navigate or do anything to fix that I've found. This is a serious problem, as many people have embedded Publish Online pages in their websites.

http://www.andreanienhaus.de/
    http://www.atlasdergisi.com/dijital/yaban-karacadag.html

Could someone else check this with Firefox and let me know the result?

And…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Publish Online is converting two pages of a spread into one wide page, and overriding PDF settings on the download

I am publishing a document that is made up of 8.5 x 11" pages, set up as spreads. I want to publish it online with the view setting set to spreads, but be able to download it as a normal single page PDF.

When I publish the document, I have to choose export as spreads so that two pages show up side by side on screen. The PDF export settings I am using under advanced are for single pages, but for some reason the PDF that is created is combining pages. So, for example, my 9 page document (a cover…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The fix for this issue is now available in the latest update 14.0.2 of InDesign 2019.
    If you are unable to see the update notification yet, open the menu (three dots) from the top-right of Creative Cloud desktop application and click on ‘Check For App Updates’.
    Once the update button is shown against InDesign, click on the button to update to Id 14.0.2.

If you face any problems with the new update, do let us know in the comments.
    https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/fixed-issues.html

12. Publish Online Dashboard Analytics disappearing...

Apparently, the analytics for Publish Online are disappearing. Possibly anything before the most recent 25 are gone. Will those be returning? Can we recover that data? My clients need the info and sometimes request it months later, and we publish a ton of stuff using the system.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base