Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)

Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

Bug details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Graphics/Images/Assets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Object Style Size and Frame Fitting bug

Where is what I did:
    Create an Object style that has the size height and width set (I used 4x3in) AND the Frame Fitting Options set (I tried Fill Frame Proportionally with and without Auto-Fit). Import some photos. I did 4 at once and click-&-dragged them at different sizes. Frame size is correct, but frame fitting is ignored. It has to be applied manually after placement.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Graphics/Images/Assets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Cannot place this file. No filter found for requested operation

CC 2018
    Cannot place this file. No filter found for requested operation

When trying to PLACE an EPS file get the above error. Reinstalled CC 2017 and using the exact same file works. Attached is the EPS file that we used.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Graphics/Images/Assets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Fix of the issue is now available in InDesign’s latest November’17 update.
    Please upgrade to the latest version InDesign CC 13.0.1 for the fix.

If you are unable to see the update, go to Creative Cloud application and click on the context menu on the top right and click on Check for App Updates.

Thanks,
    InDesign Team

4. Identical shapes on different layers end up different sizes when scaled together using the selection tool

1) This bug occurred on InDesign cc2017 and CS6. 2) Follow these steps to replicate the bug: create a shape, let's say a circle, and then copy this circle and paste it in a separate layer directly over the top of the first. To better see the effects of the bug, make the fill of the top circle red, and the bottom blue. At this point, the bottom blue circle is completely hidden by the red circle above it. Now put a 4pt stroke with an outside alignment on the bottom blue circle. The blue circle is still hidden, and…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Graphics/Images/Assets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base