Renaming CC Library Elements
Renaming elements that have been stored in the Creative Cloud Libraries panel is unstable and can use improvements.
• There is no clear cursor to know where you are in the name.
• Double clicking to highlight a word, once in the rename mode, common practice everywhere else, ends up opening the library item, not selecting the word you intended.
• Doing a slow double click on the name, like you can do in the Layers panel to rename a layer doesn't work either.
Jacob Hutson commented
Renaming a file in CC library does not change the name of the link in the indesign links tab.
it shows the original artwork file name... it did not use to be like this it use to work but in 17.4 its broken...
it makes tracking links and packaging really frustrating as you don't know what link is what...
I noticed the same discrepancy in InDesign between the name of the file in the CC Library and the name of the same file in the Link Panel ... changed the name of an element in the Library. But the name in the link panel didn't change. Nor it asked to relink. Anyone got something on this to get it works properly? Thanks
I find that if you rename the library item it won't reflect the new name in the Links panel. The correct name shows in the Library panel however.
I've also noticed if you edit the original library item, when you save, the previewed item in your Library panel shows smaller than original.
I've also found:
• Sometimes if you move too quickly from renaming one element onto adding the next element, the last element you renamed reverts back to it's original name
• If you go to rename an element, the name field highlights, if you go to paste the clipboard, it will place it on the page, not inside the highlighted text name field.