Ellipses not found by Find/Replace
Version of Adobe InDesign
Steps to reproduce the issues
1. Placed a Word document. Reformatted etc - lots of work done.
2. Tried to Find/Replace all ellipses to ensure they have a Thin Space before and after. InDesign Find/Replace finds no ellipses (but I am looking at them, having already replaced three periods with ellipses throughout the document).
3. Tested in a new document - problem does not occur there. But it does if I paste the text from the previous document in.
4. Tried exporting to IDML and re-opening to remove any corruption. This made no difference.
5. Tried Find/replace with [None] as Character Style - miraculously ID now finds the ellipses.
ID finds ellipses when searching for them!
ID can't find them unless Character Style [None] is also searched for (in Format).
Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
2x screenshots available - N.B. the first one shows both an ellipsis and one which is just three dots ...
Alex G commented
UPDATE: This doesn't just relate to ellipses.
There are all kinds of punctuation marks which InDesign is not finding, unless Character Style [None] is also a part of the search.
The default Script which I use habitually after placing a Word doc - FindChangeByList.jsx - appears to not have done its work either - lots of multiple spaces, multiple returns had not been removed.