"Preview images" not updated or created in certain circumstances
Description: The previews are not updated in the following cases:
- When the file is saved in IDML file format (you need to save in in INDD format before)
- When the saving options are changed (under "Preferences > File handling") and the file is saved. You need to save the file with another name or make changes in order to have InDesign updating the previews.
Basically, from our tests, the preview images are only generated when the file is changed and saved in INDD format.
1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
13.1 (but past CC releases were also impacted)
2. Steps to reproduce the issues
- Change the preview images options (under "Preferences > File handling")
- Save the file
3. Expected result
The previews are updated taking the new settings into account
4. Actual result
The previews are not updated, ignoring the new settings