data merge to PDF: page numbers (generated with current page number marker) don't increase
To recreate this bug:
1) Make a new print document 8 pages long (doesn't matter if pages are facing or not) A4 or letter size (this doesn't matter either)
2) Go to the master page and somewhere on the master page, add a new text frame and within that frame, add an auto page number.
3) In a text editor, create the following file for test purposes and save it with the name "test.txt" - (cut and paste the next five lines of text):
4) Return to InDesign, go to the data merge palette and select data source (the text file that was just made). Place a text placeholder on any page (this doesn't matter where)
5) From the data merge palette, go to Export to PDF, all records, and to the desktop is fine. Any PDF setting will work, use [High Quality Print] for this demo.
6) view the PDF that is generated.
WHAT SHOULD HAPPEN:
A 32pp file should be created with page numbers going from 1-8, then 1-8 again three more times.
WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENS:
A 32pp file is created, but page numbers either stay on 1 (if facing pages was off) or go 1-2-1-2-1-2-1-2-1..... (if facing pages was on)
Sherry Baker commented
I'm having a similar problem that might be a part of this. I've taken it to the masses but figured if someone is working on your bug, maybe it might help to know what else is broken.
Have you found a solution for this? This is bugging me so much!