STACK ORDER BUG: Deleting page 1 and 2 causes object to change stack order on subsequent pages
1. Discovery of text box missing from page 39 in printed Catalogue.
1. Immediately review INDD document to attempt to recreate error and report to client preliminary findings.
a. The bug effects the stack ordering of objects on subsequent pages. In the Food & Beverage case, this missing text box from page 39 was in fact simply “underneath” the background yellow box.
b. Error occurs when splitting out the cover pages to a separate document (to allow for a spine), whereby Page 1 and 2 and last 2 pages of document are deleted. Software bug appears to only actually occur when page 1 and 2 are deleted (eg. Not 2-3 or 1 and 3, or 2 and 33 etc etc.).
2. An upgrade to latest version of INDD (CC2018 previous version CC2017)) did not fix the bug/change the result when steps repeated.
3. Further review of software bug reveals reports to Adobe dating back from users to at least as far back as 2012.
4. Following review of various user forums and knowing the bug is still present in the latest version, recording of screencast to highlight error in question was deemed necessary. Private youtube of bug Screencast is here: https://youtu.be/jyXZLTewCOY