Skip to content

Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

5 results found

1. Adobe InDesign 2024(v19.0) - Users are facing issues while scrolling using Trackpad/Touchpad

I have installed the upgrade to Adobe InDesign 2024 (build 19.0) while keeping version 2023 (build 18.5) and have encountered the following problem:

• After opening a document, the mouse scroll wheel does not seem to work (i.e. it is not possible to scroll up or down the contents of a page). However, this condition still works in InDesign version 2023.

Has anyone encountered the same problem and found a solution?

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Based-on Master Pages don't inherit Primary Text Frame

When we create new documents with facing pages and Primary Text Frames on, new master pages are then created based on that original master page.

I would expect them to inherit the same threading and Primary Text Frame designation as the original, but they don't. Only the text frame on the right hand master page is designated as part of the primary text flow, and the frames are no longer threaded. Designers have to check every based-on master, re-designate the primary text flow, and re-thread the frames.

The steps to reproduce are:
    1. Create a new document with Facing Pages…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Prompted to save with no changes made to document

InDesign CC

I open a saved document in InDesign, but have no made any changes or touched the document at all. InDesign puts the asterisk next to my file anyways, prompting me to save upon exit. But no changes have been made. This is very annoying because I don't know if a change has been made or the program is messing up. I then have to update all of my PDF exports just to be safe.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The fix for this issue is now available in the latest update 14.0.2 of InDesign 2019.
    If you are unable to see the update notification yet, open the menu (three dots) from the top-right of Creative Cloud desktop application and click on ‘Check For App Updates’.
    Once the update button is shown against InDesign, click on the button to update to Id 14.0.2.

If you face any problems with the new update, do let us know in the comments.
    https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/fixed-issues.html

4. ID 13.1 – no longer accepts mp4 media format?

InDesign 13.1

EXISTING mp4s placed in ID file (for viewing in exported Interactive PDF) no longer work (link not found (yellow triangle), and then when manually re-linked, link shows error in palette (red circle question mark).

Trying to place NEW mp4s, and although file(s) can be found, nothing is placed. Have googled and found nothing.

Updates to CC appear to have happened overnight, and I didn't have any issues last week.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Stack Order changes when pages deleted bug

When both "Allow Document Pages to shuffle" and "Allow Selected Spread to Shuffle" are selected and you delete a spread some text boxes on other pages move behind placed graphics. To stop this unselect "Allow Selected Spread to Shuffle" option.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base