Define increased/decreased italicisation/***** and weight relatively (independent of font) on Character Styles
If I'm defining a Character Style called "Emphasis", essentially I want to be able to apply this to any text in the document and for that text to be italicised.
However, this doesn't work because:
- I might apply it to a font where the italic style is called "Oblique" not "Italic"
- I might apply it to a font set in Medium. Now it returns to a regular weight with Italics, rather than Medium Italic.
There needs to be a way to define "Increased/Decreased Italicisation/*****" or "Increased/Decreased Weight" on a Character Style. InDesign would then:
- Find the Italic style that most closely matches the currently set style (e.g. Display → Display Italic)
- Find the weight that most closely matches the currently set weight, and adjust it up/down (e.g. Display Italic → Display Light Italic)
- If no style is found (font doesn't have Italic style or has no heavier/lighter weight) then no change is made to the style
Virgil Ierubino shared this idea
Sam Lucas commented
Are you looking for a place to share your business, tech, travel, entertainment and news blogs? Come and write for us! Free guest post. https://rivipedia.com/