The fix for this issue is now available in the beta builds of InDesign. You can download the latest beta build from Download section of InDesign Prerelease portal.
1. Go to https://www.adobeprerelease.com
2. Log in with your Adobe Id.
3. Once logged in, search for “InDesign CC Prerelease” program in the list.
4. Click on the program to join the same.
5. You can now download the build (188.8.131.521) from “Builds and Plugins” section on the page.
6. The steps for installing the build can be found in the release notesMel commented
I guess its the same bug described here
5 votes3 comments · Adobe InDesign: Feature Requests » Text and Type · Flag idea as inappropriate… · Admin →Mel commented
oh!.. you unknowingly helped me already with the issue I've been having since CC. I don't really care about the Recent-Fonts, so setting it to 0 solved my problem :) I didn't know theres a setting for it and it then behaves like before.
I voted anyway because I can see how it annoys ppl who still want to use the recent fonts feature.