Skip to content

Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

7 results found

1. drop shadow effect bug - in NEW 2018 Indesign

The Blend Mode in DROP SHADOW is FROZEN on MULTIPLY.. I cannot choose any other blend option... i.e. screen, darken, lighten..and it defaults to MULTIPLY...

I tried drop shadow filter on multiple elements and documents.. STILL FROZEN... BIG BUG..

I'll go back to using the older version until you get your issues fixed.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Effects / blending mode

InDesign 16.4 x Windows 64: Cannot scroll the list of blending modes with arrow key(s) and preview the results in a selected box. I've always been able to do this in the past (InDesign CS 2, 4, 6). New laptop, new Adobe subscription. I can 'scroll,' but no preview. Window closes each time, so at least 30 clicks to re-open and select through the list.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

The behavior mentioned here has been there since InDesign CC (that came out more than 8 years ago in 2013).
    Behavior in InDesign CS6 (and earlier) was different.

Please confirm if you were seeing different behavior in any of the CC versions. Illustrator also behaves the same way.

Adobe InDesign team

3. eyedropper

Eyedropper not working in CC2018 (ME enabled). When I click a blank square then use eyedropper tool to copy color values from an existing vector graphic, the vector graphic container changes color instead. And while testing just now, if I draw two squares, one black one white, then select one to copy the color of the other, the selected square disappears. Text blocks fail to copy too and all eyedropper options are selected. This wasn't an issue with CC17.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi

There are two different issues mentioned here, and let me address them separately:
    1. Clicking a blank square then using eyedropper tool to copy color values from an existing vector graphic, the vector graphic container changes color instead.
    >>> Are you facing this problem with a specific vector graphic or with any graphic as I am unable to reproduce this issue with InDesign CC (13.0.1)? If possible, please share your indd file as a package with anasgupt@adobe.com and a small video demonstrating the issue will be really helpful.

2. If I draw two squares, one black one white, then select one to copy the color of the other, the selected square disappears.
    >>> With InDesign CC (13.0) the transform options have been added to the Eyedropper settings, this includes size and position. It seems that these options for you are checked and when you click on the square to…

4. Transparency from PSD or PNG not showing in InDesign 17.0.1

Since InDesign updated to v17.0.1 (from the v17 before this), transparency on pngs and psd's has stopped working. Instead it drops in a black background and messes with the colours.
    The image on blue shows how it should work (using a workaround dropping it onto white and setting the transparency to darken), the other is with the PNG or PSD imported with transparency. It was fine yesterday before updating.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Indesign Effect Not working

Screen Under Effect dropdown is not working. Please see the difference before and after screenshots. My InDesign is the latest 17.0. Please let me know the solution ASAP. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Anchored item with white overprints

This is a 'white' bug.

I regularly use anchoring to keep items aligned and for spacing.
    Text is black. Art or tables need white in them to knockout the shade beneath.

When a table is placed inline or a piece of art is anchored in a text box that has a color or a border... the white is ignored in the anchored object.

There is no reason to ignore a color just because it is inline or anchored.

This bug forces me to layer the object on a different layer, causing extra work in keeping the item aligned after edits.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Objects with Opacity Fill below 100%, appear as 100% when PDF proof placed in a layout file.

Created ad with objects containing simple color fills below 100% (50% and 30%) opacity. Exported proofs to use in a Indesign magazine layout file. Once the PDF was dropped into a frame, those faded opacity values jumped back to 100%. Fix was to re-edit the original files, change Opacity values, re-save, re-export proof, drop proof back into main layout. Very annoying.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base