The fix for this issue is now available in the beta builds of InDesign. You can download the latest beta build from Download section of InDesign Prerelease portal.
1. Go to adobeprerelease.com
2. Log in with your Adobe Id.
3. Once logged in, search for “InDesign CC Prerelease” program in the list.
4. Click on the program to join the same.
5. You can now download the build (126.96.36.1992) from “Builds and Plugins” section on the page.
6. The steps for installing the build can be found in the release notesJason commented
Related, I think, is the issue that increasing rounded corner radii on a rectangle via Corner Options doesn't produce corners that are truly circular (just curved, but only to an extent). See question here: https://graphicdesign.stackexchange.com/questions/77183/indesign-create-fully-rounded-corners-border-radius-50
If I mention that Sketch does this perfectly, will that get you guys to work on it? ;)
16 votesunder review · 17 comments · Adobe InDesign: Feature Requests » Styles · Flag idea as inappropriate… · Admin →Jason commented
Seconded. This is actually the very reason I just went to the trouble of updating CC and InDesign on our 5 year-old iMac—my new MBP still can't use keyboard shortcuts for Character and Paragraph styles. Feels like trying to work with one hand tied behind my back knowing I could be _flying_ with keyboard shortcuts that for some reason aren't available on my faster, newer laptop. Adobe, I'd love it if you found a way to make this work on my MBP...