Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)

Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

Bug details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. For long documents containing more than 50K characters, GREP search fails to find all matching instances

Since updating to CC 14.0.2 on Windows, GREP search is no longer functioning properly. Not all instances of queries are found, or not found at all.
    I believe this is the case when working on documents created in an older version. In a newly created document it does work as it should.

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

25 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello All,
    Thank you for your patience all this while.
    The fix of the issue is now available and can be downloaded using the link below.
    https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/search-issue-in-long-documents.html

You may click on the link and follow the quick steps to fix the issue in latest id 14.0.2 update.
    Let us know if you face any problem while using the link.

Please note that, as of now the fix is available only via KB doc. Installation of the fix via KB doc does not require any action other than what is mentioned in the KB doc. Only prerequisite is that, Id 14.0.2 should be installed before applying the fix.

-InDesign Team

2. Unable to launch Adobe InDesign as you do not have sufficient permissions to access the preferences folders.

I can't even open InDesign anymore, I keep getting an error message that says "Unable to launch Adobe InDesign as you do not have sufficient permissions to access the preferences folders. Ensure that you have appropriate permissions and then restart Adobe InDesign." I've changed permissions on every folder and file to "Read & Write" that I thought would help make it work but nothing is working. I was trying to open the latest version of ID, even undownloaded and tried using CC 2017 to no avail. I need this fixed ASAP.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017)
    MacOS High Sierra Version 10.13.3

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Crash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Adobe InDesign/InCopy cannot be opened because of a problem

InCopy will not launch in macOS 10.11.5 and 10.12.6. This is happening on two different computers, one a 2015 13" MacBook Pro with Retina and one a 2017 MacBook Pro with TouchBar. Have attempted uninstall/reinstalls as well as removing preference files.

I'm attaching the InCopy report from 10.12.6 computer but the 10.11.5 computer is currently off-site. I can add it later if I need to.

I'm also attaching a screenshot of the error message returned by InCopy when I try to launch the application.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Crash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base