Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Share for Review SYNC Broken

I use "Share" > "Share for Review" on a Program for review by multiple departments for edits. I received notifications of over 200 edits, but upon opening the InDesign file to begin changes, the "Window" > "Comments" > "Review" Panel data is empty and again says "Create Review".

So the connection from my online review and the source InDesign is broken. Additionally, there is no option to save that online version as a pdf to import the comments via that option in "Window" > "Comments" > "PDF Comments"

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Share for Review  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

After doing a Share for Review, if you Close the document without Saving it, the review link is not present in the document, that’s why when you reopen it, the Review panel is empty and says ‘Create Review’.

So, the way Share for Review works is like this:
    - If you are opening an already saved document and sharing it for review, after doing the share for review, the document becomes dirty, so Save it before Closing it. Otherwise, let the document remain open. Once you receive notifications of comments, open the document to see all the comments in Review panel.

- If you are creating a new document, making your designs and sharing it for review and you keep the document open, the comments made by reviewers are visible in the Review panel.

Adobe InDesign team

2. When I share to review, weird things happen

I have InDesign 15.1.1 and I've been using the new Share to Review feature often. I've noticed that my text and tables would completely disappear on random pages and the Table of Contents became messed up as well. To make the text reappear, I had to adjust the size of the frame by a pixel or two then it would return. It didn't matter if I made the frame bigger or smaller.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Share for Review  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base