2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

6 results found

1. remove image from links panel

In the Links Panel, it would be very handy to remove an image that is listed simply by right clicking on it and removing it.

For example, I just manually removed over 500 images from image frames using the direct select tool. Theoretically, I could have selected those 500 images in the Links Panel, and removed them in the right click menu.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please add this function: Insert Special Character > Markers > Last page

This would add the ability to insert a 'Page A of Z' (Z being the last page in the document) on the masterpage. So a page would show 'Page 7 of 24'.
    Today I can put 'Page A of 24' in the master, but if the number of pages change I have to change the number manually and it seems this would be easily implemented?

Please :)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Bullet lists: add option for custom spacing of first and last entries

In a paragraph style defined as a bullet list, you often need to have more space BEFORE THE FIRST item or AFTER THE LAST item. This is possible in CSS and would just need a couple of extra fields added to the "Bullets and Numbering" section in the "Paragraph Style" panel.

The only option now is to create additional styles or to use overrides.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Use the Indents and Spacing section of the Paragraph Style dialog to specify Space Before and Space After. Use the option “Space Between Paragraphs Using Same Style” to specify the space between the bulleted list items.

For example, if Space Before is 6 pt, Space After is 8 pt, and Space Between is 0 pt, the bulleted list will have 6 pt before the 1st item, 8 pt after the last item and in between the bulleted list items, space will be 0 pt.

Hope this helps.

Adobe InDesign team

4. Favourite viewing size.

I work with the same size documents and need to see them enlarged (eg 250% is perfect) and also full page. I am constantly going from cmd 0 then typing in 250% into the size box at the BL corner then back to cmd 0.
    Is it possible to get some toggle or previous view (like acrobat pro) method that goes back a forth between two viewing sizes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Adjust Text Frame With Type Tool

It KILLS me every time I input or type text in INDD and get the cursed overset text error, but I have to switch to the Selection Tool to reframe the text box, then switch back to the Type Tool and continue. PowerPoint and even Google Slides allow you to move your cursor near the boundaries and adjust the size of the text frame without switching tools.

What's more, switching to different tools while editing type is slightly annoying. Because you can't hit 'v' for selection tool, you either have to click the selection tool or click outside the text…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can easily achieve this without the need to switch to the Selection Tool.
    Hold down the Ctrl key (while you are in text edit mode or even when you are not in text edit mode or when the text frame that you want to resize is not even selected). When you hover the mouse over the text frame, you will see Resizing handles (shown as 9 solid points on the bounding box) – you can drag to resize the text frame.
    Hope this helps.

InDesign team

6. SWF

La nueva versión de indesign 2020 no tiene la opción de exportar a SWF para poder tener Flip page

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base