Ann Marr

My feedback

  1. 48 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    Hello All,
    Thank you for reporting the issue to us.
    We have fixed the issue in the latest version of InDesign, Id 15.0

    Please upgrade your InDesign application to the latest version to try out the fix.

    If you face any problems with the new update, do let us know in the comments.

    You may also follow the below given link for the list of all fixed issues in Id 15.0
    https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/fixed-issues.html

    -InDesign Team

    An error occurred while saving the comment
    Ann Marr commented  · 

    Working with an imported Word document in CC 2018. Endnotes were manually typed in Word to avoid automatic numbering. To import the doc into InDesign, the numbers did not resemble endnote numbering, but appeared to be normal text. Now, in InDesign, once the numbers were superscripted (manually, not by using a style), they became automatic and are changing.

    Example: endnote 81 is supposed to be 1880 census... but was Civil War Draft. I printed the endnotes, started checking them, and suddenly endnote 81 is correct, but 83 is wrong. Each time I open the document, different endnotes have changed numbers. With nearly 900 endnotes, this is a disaster.

    The endnotes are in a separate document from the text. I had created a book doc to manage the book (4 sections: text, report, endnotes, and index) but have now deleted it, hoping to eliminate the problem. But I have to check all those notes.

    With a copy of the InDesign doc, will try inserting the endnotes and see if I can straighten it out. But I resent having this monumental job thrown at me. This is a book for publication - the endnotes MUST be correct.

    In conclusion, when the imported Word document has numbers typed in as if they are words, InDesign should recognize that automatic numbering is not desired, especially when a style is not applied. They were not to be static or dynamic endnotes - they were to be text I handled manually.

Feedback and Knowledge Base