Skip to content

Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

25 results found

1. Can't copy paste elements in Indesign 2020 - results in crash

When I try to copy some elements a message appears that I'm tryging to paste something, but I'm tryging to copy. If I press ok then it crashes. So, again, if I press CMD-C for copy, then I get the message that I'm about to paste something.. PLEASE FIX it soon - what ever it is..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Fix for this issue is now available in the latest update of InDesign 2020 – that is, InDesign 15.0.2

In the Creative Cloud Desktop application, click on the Updates section on the left. You should be able to see the Update available for InDesign. Please update your InDesign application to this version to try out the fix.

Let us know in the comments section if you face any problem with the update process.

Adobe InDesign Team

2. Adding text to "chained" anchored textframes causing complete crash when text is added to one of the first three frames

Indesign 2020, Version 15.0.1, iMac with Mac OS 10.15.1:

We have hundreds of documents created in Indesign 2019 with "chained" anchored textframes, sometimes 4, sometimes 5 frames in a row. Frames are set to automatical height adjust. When text is added to one of the first three frames causing the frame to become higher than before Indesign chrashes completely without warning. Adding text to frame 4 or 5 does NOT create a crash! Same files work perfectly under Indesign 2019. Problem occured with first version of Indesign 2020, and remains after recent update.

Would love to attach an Indesign testfile,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Impossible d'envoyer le "rapport d'incident" à cause du mél

Le rapport d'incident n'est pas envoyé car l'adresse mél qui existe bien n'est pas reconnue. Cf. copie d'écran en PJ.
    Indesign CC 2019, Windows 10.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Fix for this issue is now available in the latest update of InDesign 2020 – that is, InDesign 15.0.2

In the Creative Cloud Desktop application, click on the Updates section on the left. You should be able to see the Update available for InDesign. Please update your InDesign application to this version to try out the fix.

Let us know in the comments section if you face any problem with the update process.

Adobe InDesign team

4. Not compatible with Win10 1809?

On Windows 10 v1809 trying to start Indesign v14.0.1 - crashes "dll is either not designed to run on windows 10 or it contains an error .... Error 0x000008b ... please contact vendor"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Index Panel's Update Preview Button Causes Hard Crash

The Index panel will cause InDesign to crash if you click the update preview button when a three-layer index entry has no text in the second layer.

I figured out what causes the crash with 100% reproducable results. Here's how you do it.

1) Create a multi-document book.
    2) Open one document in the book.
    3) Create an index entry with three layers. For example, 'dogs > breed > beagle'.
    4) Open a different document in the book.
    5) Repeat step 3 in this different document, with the same entry data.
    6) In the Index panel you will see two…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Fix of the issue is now available in InDesign’s latest update.
    Please upgrade to the latest version InDesign CC 15.0.2 for the fix.

If you are unable to see the update, go to the Creative Cloud application and click on the context menu on the top right and click on Check for App Updates.

Adobe InDesign team

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base