Skip to content

Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1 result found

1. InDesign changing opacity for an unselected item

I am trying to place a slightly opaque rectangle over an image but when I select to lower the opacity on the rectangle, the image (regardless if it's above or below) changes as well.

What's more odd is when I select that photo after I do the action, the image says it is at 100%. The "change" has not been reflected. I have uploaded a 1-2-3 photo demo. Note the photo's slight change in transparency although set at 100%.

This happens when the photo and rectangle are in separate layers, as well. The two items are not placed within each…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

The magic of InDesign’s effects all happens via Adobe’s transparency technology, which allows us to blend colors and detail from different objects. In order for it to all work there has to be a consistent color space for InDesign to use when it blends colors. This is called the Transparency Blend Space and it’s really important that you understand it in order to get the most out of InDesign’s effects. When we use transparency effects, InDesign compares different objects and combines their colors and detail. In order for objects to be blended, they have to be in the same color space. So when you apply transparency, InDesign converts everything on a spread to the Transparency Blend Space, regardless of whether that object is actually involved in the effect. And it’s important to note that when we say things are converted, we don’t mean that InDesign alters your placed files; they…

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base