Skip to content

Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2 results found

1. png transparent background showing black

Importing this icon and the transparent background is showing as black in current inDesign CC. Didn't have issues with similar icons from same site.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The fix of the issue is now available in the latest InDesign 2022(v17.0.0.96). We recommend you upgrade to the latest version for the fix.

If you are unable to see the update, go to the Creative Cloud application and click on the context menu on the top right and click on Check for App Updates.

Adobe InDesign Team

2. Placing and Moving Images Changes Opacity

If I place an image and then try to move it within the bounding box, the opacity appears to change to around 50%. However, the opacity is still set to 100%. I can correct it by hitting Undo which reverts the image back to normal. From what I can tell, it is only a visual bug. Exporting the image doesn't show the change in opacity.

I haven't been able to reproduce this issue consistently but would say it happens around 80% of the time I try to move an image. Another interesting thing is that if the issue happens and…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed: Fixed  ·  Sumit Garg responded

Hi ,
    Thanks for reporting this issue. We are already aware about this issue inside “InDesign CC2017”.
    Hence, we have fixed this issue inside our latest release “InDesign CC2018”. Please try it out.

If you still face this issue inside our new release please do let us know.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base