2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

3 results found

1. Dynamic baseline related unit of measurement

Please consider the addition of a dynamic unit of measurement that relates to the document’s baseline. Such a unit will make it possible to express various parameters throughout the design as a multiplication or division of the document’s baseline.

We would for example be able to express a header’s leading as twice the number of baselines, or a paragraph’s space after in any number of baselines.

The unit’s relation to the document‘s baseline means that it’s dynamic: whenever you change the baseline, all values expressed in this unit will change accordingly. There will be no more need to adjust these…

138 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

24 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need More Info  ·  Anonymous responded

Hi All,

This indeed a great suggestion. I wanted to understand a little more about this request.

1. The way this request is described its majorly about figuring out how to change the various text attributes in a single step rather than having to change multiple styles to make that happen. It would helpful if you can mention which all attributes you all would want to be dependent on the baseline (space before/after, size, leading any other).
    2. Which kind of documents (magazines, brochures, books etc.) do you see this to be more important for you.
    3. Wouldn’t a similar method (not sure if we could base it on baseline though!!) for changing the layout also help, if you could define the sizes of objects in relation to the page size. Do you think extending this feature to the layout also makes sense.
    4. If you can share some files…

2. So many bugs. Fix them. Like Package, or being able to use GPU performance to name a couple.

When will an update be available to fix some or all of the issues with InDesign CC 2017? It is not worth the monthly fee as is.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need More Info  ·  Anonymous responded

Sorry Barry seeing you face so many issues with InDesign. We are working towards making InDesign a more stable application and also fixing behavioural issues.

What would really help if you can submit any bugs/issues that you are facing along with the steps, this would help the team reproduce the issues internally. Please follow the below link to file Bugs for InDesign.

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs

3. Rename Hyperlink

Add the 'rename hyperlink' option to the 'edit hyperlink' window. I find it essential to identify hyperlinks by their names. But I often edit them. After I edit a link, and I want to rename it to better identify it, I have to open a new window just to rename it. This is quite inefficient.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base