1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

3 results found

1. Placed pdf loses interactivity features and accessibility tags.

When PDFs are placed into an InDesign layout and then the entire layout is exported to PDF, the placed PDFs are converted to <Figure> tags in the final PDF.

There are many time when designers must incorporate an existing PDF into their documents, such as:

-- Multi-page PDF of an existing document.

-- A pre-made PDF AcroForm

-- In annual reports, an official letter from a president, commissioner, or other authority.

-- In financial reports, the required letter from the accounting firm as well as the financial balance sheets.

In these above cases, the placed PDFs are official documents that…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need More Info  ·  amaarora responded

Hi,
    What all things would you like PDF to retain? (alt text, tags and what else?)

Currently when PDF is imported, its imported as a single graphic.

Would you want the tags and alt text to be mapped to their correct assets in InDesign? and those tags and alt text be also editable from within InDesign after PDF is imported?

Or should they be remapped and restored once the document with placed PDF is again exported to PDF from InDesign?

Would want to know more about the proposed solution / workflow

Thanks

2. Export All Alternate Layouts as PDFs With Layout Name

I use the alternate layout tool a lot to group different sized content in the same InDesign file.

While I know I can select the layout as a range during export, it would be a huge timesaver to be able to export all of my layouts as separate PDFs and then just add the alternate layout name to the end of the PDF file.

Ideally this could be a check box in the export settings "export each alternate layout as a separate file"

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. A pdf setting that allows me to Set the "opening view" properies of a pdf from indesign

Allow setting of the PDF "opening view" properties on creation instead of after creation.
    When I send a proof, I want my customers to see the pages panel, and view the files at a specific size and layout - Doing this has saved thousands of cock-ups - unfortunately it has cost me hundreds of hours doing the same thing over and over.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need More Info  ·  Anonymous responded

This feature already exists in InDesign, or are there some enhancements over and above what already exists that you are requesting here.

Thanks,
    Javed

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base