1 result found
As confirmed by multiple users, this issue is fixed in latest version of InDesign.
Thanks for your feedback.
An error occurred while saving the commentChristian Hoy commented
Version: InDesign Version 15.0.2
Computer: Imac 2015, OSX Mojave 10.14.6
Bug started happening after update to InDesign 15.0.2
Steps to reproduce the issues:
- Open an InDesign file that is contained in a folder that has been packaged. This folder includes the "Document Fonts Folder"
- Close the InDesign File.
- Open Another InDesign File that is in another packaged folder (that contains the "Document Fonts Folder" that is not related to the first file you opened.
- A NEW DUPLICATED FOLDER will be created from the PREVIOUS FILE that was opened, and placed where the file was last opened.
- THIS NEW DUPLICATED FOLDER will only contain the "Document Fonts" folder and inside that, will only contain the file "AdobeFnt21.Ist" file - NOTHING ELSE
- Throwing this "Ghost Folder" away does not have any effect, once any other InDesign file is opened, the Folder will re-appear.
- The more InDesign files that are opened the more DUPLICATE ghost folders appear from previous InDesign files that were opened.
- Quitting InDesign will reset the process.
- I can avoid these folders being created if I quite InDesign every time I open an InDesign File that is contained in a packaged folder with the "Document Fonts Folder.
- This can be a damaging bug, since the "Ghost Folder" has the same exact name as the original, it's very easy to replace the original job folder with all the working files with the "Ghost Folder", overwriting it, and losing all of your work, history, and files in the folder.Christian Hoy supported this idea ·