The fix for this issue is now available in the beta builds of InDesign. You can download the latest beta build from Download section of InDesign Prerelease portal.
1. Go to adobeprerelease.com
2. Log in with your Adobe Id.
3. Once logged in, search for “InDesign CC Prerelease” program in the list.
4. Click on the program to join the same.
5. You can now download the build (188.8.131.522) from “Builds and Plugins” section on the page.
6. The steps for installing the build can be found in the release notesV.T. commented
Here is one more video with more occurrences:
amaarora - it is very hard to deliberately recreate this issue, it seems to occur very randomly. But believe me, it is so frustrating when it decides to start happening, especially when I have to enter corrections into a large amount of text, it really slows down the work process.
Nonetheless I have managed to catch a couple of instances on video:
The first spasm happens at around 7 sec - on zoom change, and the other during text selection around 45 sec. I think it might actually have something to do with zooming in and out, since zooming in and out is also what makes the text reappear. That's how I tend to deal with this issue, but it's still terribly annoying. I've been wrestling with it for years, ever since I installed ID CS6 (which I still use). I'm on OSX El Capitain, but I also experienced this issue once when working on a Windows system in ID CC-something, so it doesn't seem to be system or version dependent.
I will email this to you as well.