The fix for this issue is now available in the beta builds of InDesign. You can download the latest beta build from Download section of InDesign Prerelease portal.
1. Go to adobeprerelease.com
2. Log in with your Adobe Id.
3. Once logged in, search for “InDesign CC Prerelease” program in the list.
4. Click on the program to join the same.
5. You can now download the build (18.104.22.1682) from “Builds and Plugins” section on the page.
6. The steps for installing the build can be found in the release notes
I have found one ******* fix is to Option+drag the text block and immediately Delete the dupe you created. Not elegant but it's fast.
I suspect this bug may have been created intentionally to drive designers from the stand-alone version to the subscription version. maybe I'm being paranoid, but I have not found a good fix for it yet, and it's annoying as hell.Penart Visuals supported this idea ·
this is a problem when your CS^ may have originally been linked to the Cloud. You need to go into preferences (when no docs are open) and delete a setting that tells CS6 to keep checking online. I found this solution a few weeks ago but was moving too fast to implement it: UGH!. Am searching for it now because this darn bug is plaguing me again!