Skip to content

Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

8 results found

1. Share for Review: Image Quality

Can we have an option where Share > Share for Review has a high-quality view as opposed to the low-res preview (see file attached- Review (left) and Original (right)) please?

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Share for Review is to quickly share a design that is still a work-in-progress with the Reviewer(s) for quick feedback. Since the review opens in a browser for the reviewer, it has to load quickly even on slow networks, that’s why the image quality has been kept low deliberately so that the page loads quickly without long wait times. Using high-res views will slow down the loading of pages in the browser considerably, marring the experience.

Hope this helps.

Adobe InDesign team

2. Share for Review

Share for Review does not seem to be working even after another update.

I sent an invitation by "Invite Only". My client received an email with a link and the only 2 options available for my client are "Sign in with an Adobe ID" – 99% of my clients will not HAVE or NEED an Adobe ID.

The second option is "Enter a password if one has been shared with you." Unfortunately, I was not given the option to set up a password. However, when posting publicly I could.

And lastly, when I update the file (link), there was no…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Share For Review, only getting shape tool and pin tool.

In share for review, I only see the pin tool and the shape tool. All of the other reviewing tools that I should be seeing are missing. They appear briefly and then disappear.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If the Share for Review was created using the previous version of InDesign – InDesign 2020 (v 15.1/v15.1.1/v15.1.2), then only 2 Tools are visible in the browser – Pin and Draw.

The new Text Tools in Share for Review – Highlight, Strikethrough, and Replace are available ONLY if :
    1) Share for Review is initiated from InDesign 2021.
    2) Opening a document that was created in an earlier version and initiating Share for Review from InDesign 2021.
    3) For Share for Review created from InDesign 2020 (v 15.1/v15.1.1/v15.1.2), you click on the Update Link button in the Share for Review panel in InDesign 2021. (You may have to hit the Refresh button in the browser if the Review was already open there).

Adobe InDesign team

5. Share for review Icon is hiding content.

The share for review icon is hiding my text in InDesign.

Often I get text updated and users place the icon on top of the words.
    When I want to update the text, it is very difficult to see the text to update as the icon is placed right on top. Would be nice if I could move the icon a little.

Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Share for Review Comments Sign In Bug

My idea is to let people comment on Share for Review for Indesign even if they don't have an Apple, Google, or Facebook account. Not sure why Adobe wouldn't allow people to enter their email as a guest to make comments? Makes no sense to me.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As a ‘Reviewer’, you do not need to have Apple/Google/Facebook account. You can Review as a Guest.

The ‘Designer’, when he creates and sends the link to you (the Reviewer), has to create a ‘Public Link’ in InDesign. When you as the reviewer open that Public Link, you can Review and Comment as a ‘Guest’.

Hope it helps and you will be able to use Share for Review feature and find it useful.

Adobe InDesign team

7. Share for Review access settings - Public Link not available

I am trying to use the new Share for Review option. As outlined here, I should be able to switch the access options from invitation only to public which should give me the option to have people without an Adobe account review the content by simply inputting a password for access. However, I cannot switch from invitation only to public as I simply have the invitation only option as a fixed option and no dropdown to choose from. Is there an option somewhere that I need to enable first so I can publicly share these files for review? As of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Share for review annotations not showing up in InDesign

In using the new Share for Review this morning from today's update to v15.1 we did a test document that included some drawing annotations. The comments showed up as expected in InDesign but not the drawing annotations. I have tried toggling on and off the eye in the review panel and nothing happens like it does in the web browser.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base