2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

6 results found

1. Adjust Leading Between Bullet Points

It is super time consuming to adjust the leading between bullet points every time manually. If we could set it in the paragraph style that would be so much faster. Went mad researching online but apparently there is no way to resolve this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Toggle between Text Tool and Selection Tool

I am guessing most users' experience is like mine: I am constantly going back and forth between the Text tool (working within a text block) and the Selection tool (to select/move a text block handle, or reach for something else). It's something I do dozens of times an hour during a work session. Pagemaker used to have a toggle between these two tools, which was easily accessible to the non-mousing hand: Command-Spacebar. I would urge the development of this toggle in future InDesign releases.

I know you can activate the Selection tool with the Escape key, but that's a long…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When you have the Text Tool selected & working inside a Text Frame (cursor blinking inside the text frame), you can hold down the Cmd key. When you do that, you will immediately see the 9-points of the text frame getting highlighted, letting you Move the Text Frame by holding down on the edges with the mouse. You can resize using of the 9-points as well.
    Hope this helps. See the attached demo.

3. Last Sentence Nested Style Option

Add an option that will allow you to set up nested text at the end of a paragraph in addition to the beginning of paragraphs. Our magazine bolds the last sentences in one of columns and this would be a big time saver.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hello, In Indesign, it would be interesting in the 'text block' to have the option 'Adapt the text to the block'. The option exists for the

Hello,

In Indesign, it would be interesting in the 'text block' to have the option 'Adapt the text to the block'. The option exists for the image block 'to adapt the image to the block proportionally' to adapt this option to the 'text block' would be a saving of time and the possibility to automate a good number of works. For example, to change from A6 to A5 via the linked article system it works great with the image block and not at all with the text block. The only possibility of action with the 'Text block' is to enlarge…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need More Info  ·  amaarora responded

Hi,
    Please see if using the “Free transform tool” solves your purpose
    Just select the object, switch to the Free Transform tool, and place your cursor over one of the corner or side points. When you see the double-headed arrow, drag.

-Thanks

5. Make it one-click to disable USA English across all documents, existing and yet to be created.

Every new document I create defaults to USA English which is time-consuming to change for everyone who does not use this variation of UK English. Please make it a button on the 'New document' window to select default language, and please make it a tick-box in preferences. It could be worded like this for example 'What is your preferred default language?" and then a drop down. Then every document I open will automatically have the correct dictionary applied without any further time spent. Many thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Replace all missing glyphs

Option in the find replace dialogue to replace all missing glyphs, not just swapping one glyph for another. As far as I know, you have to go one by one throughout a document. The find/replace Opentype feature (text tab hasn't worked for me either.)

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base