Douglas

My feedback

  1. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    6 comments  ·  Adobe InDesign: Bugs » Crash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

    To identify the cause of this issue, we had started our investigation with the aim to resolve it. You might have also received email from us seeking more details to help in our investigation.

    We’ve concluded our investigation and came up with the finding : Either the issue is fixed in the latest release of InDesign or the issue was intermittent in nature at the time of its reporting and is not reproducible now.

    We recommend you to upgrade to the latest version of InDesign 2020 (if you’re not already on it). It contains a lot of stability fixes.

    If you still face this issue even after updating to the latest version of InDesign, please submit the crash report to us. (The guidelines to submit crash are available at (https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html)
    We seek your support in our continual effort to improve InDesign.


    Adobe InDesign Team

    An error occurred while saving the comment
    Douglas commented  · 

    I had a book for PDF distribution I originally created in 2009 and didn't touch it until I decided to create a print edition. I updated every file, had to relink things, etc. Everything worked. Preflighted green. It's a 370pp book with about 200 linked files. Each page has at least 3 linked indesign files.

    Preflighting worked. I went to print to pdf from the book menu and it would get to say p40 or so and then ID would just disappear crash. I watched what page it was on and started to break down the print to where ID crashed. I could isolate docs that caused the crash, but then I could always print just that doc by itself. Then I would grab another small group, try and print, find where it crashed, isolate it, and print it by itself. Made no sense. I spent 3-4 hours attempting to get through the book feeling something else was wrong. I have a huge series of books to produce in a similar format, so I didn't want to do this goofy one by one solution.

    I read on another forum to maybe recreate the book itself. File > New > Book. I did that - got all the single ID files in there. 50+ main files, 370pp. I exported to PDF and all 370 pages rendered to one PDF on the VERY FIRST TRY.

    I recommend creating a new book! Though I had saved it many times, letting ID update it over the years / versions, there was some cruft in there somewhere across those versions that simply creating a new book eliminated. YMMV!

    The book is the "Big Book of Font Combinations" if you are curious as to why I needed so many ID files. They are layered on each other, and mixed-and-matched. Print version on Amazon / BN coming shortly!

Feedback and Knowledge Base