2 results found
The fix of the issue is now available in the latest InDesign 2022(v22.214.171.124). We recommend you upgrade to the latest version for the fix.
If you are unable to see the update, go to the Creative Cloud application and click on the context menu on the top right and click on Check for App Updates.
Adobe InDesign Team
An error occurred while saving the comment An error occurred while saving the commentAnonymous commented
There is no resolution to this? I have this issue a, the time. Typically it will only have duplicates in the 20 range which I am happy to manually change. But a recent document it has over 500. I fiddled it down to 399 before I lost my marbles and thought there must be some solution around this. Nothing helped. I even tried the Search and replace feature and it found only 1 instance of the font... help pls. This seems like a simple enough issue to fix.
33 votesClosed: Different Product · amaarora responded
In order to reproduce the issue we sent information to all the affected users who have either voted or commented on this thread.
Based on the replies we got we could infer that the issue is occurring when a third party software or application is also running in parallel. Some examples of the software used include Global Auto-correct, Google Chrome,
Moreover, when the issue occurs it seems to hamper all CC applications such as Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop.
A possible fix for the solution includes restarting the application or restarting the system.
In the absence of any consistent reproducible steps, we are currently closing this thread as “not reproducible”. In case you again encounter the issue, please create a new thread mentioning the steps with which we can reproduce the issue and additional softwares, if in case any, that you are using.
An error occurred while saving the commentAnonymous commented
Shame. People pay heavy money to run these apps and do their work and something as basic as the hand/move tool is always doing this. You have to do magic to get things working again. restart, throw out prefs, quit other apps you need to be using etc...
So the only solution I found to this is that you need to save as/export the original text document you are flowing in as a .txt or a .rtf. Then reflow the new document into indesign and the multiple font issue will not be there any more. Somehow Word is storing all of this font info in it's code and messing it up for everyone.
Hope this helps. It has resolved the issue for me in every case so far. I opened the original .docx in Apples TextEdit app and started a new document, copied and pasted the text from the .docx into the new document window and said it as .rtf.
I imported that into Indesign and the issue was resolved.