Thanks for reporting this issue. We are already aware about this issue inside “InDesign CC2017”.
Hence, we have fixed this issue inside our latest release “InDesign CC2018”. Please try it out.
If you still face this issue inside our new release please do let us know.Bartosz supported this idea ·Bartosz commented
Same here. For me works transforming a frame with troublesome picture and undoing that action. After that I can freely manipulate the picture within the frame.
I've made a screen recording of the problem.
What you see here is:
1. Dragging an image to a frame
2. Moving it and it changes transparency
3. Undoing the image placement
4. Dragging the same image
5. While holding CMD I drag the frame edge so it transforms the image within the frame – This is the workaround I found that helps (other than deleting the frame or undoing the placement). Undoing the transformation makes the image not change the transparency again.
6. I place another image, manipulate it and show Effects panel that says the image is 100% opacity.