2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

3 results found

1. Collaborative Editing

Create a cloud service for InDesign where files can be worked on by numerous people at the same time. Will help save time and encourage collaboration. Like Google Docs, Slides, etc.

302 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need More Info  ·  Anonymous responded

Thanks for making this request. In order to understand the use-case more better I have a few questions:

1. Whats the role of the different people working collaboratively on the same file. Are they always only designers or are other personas also involved.
    2. What is the use-case here, some parts of this request suggest an Editorial collaboration whereas others suggest collaboration amongst different designers. I am trying to separate these 2 requests out.
    3. What are the different kind of files (brochures, books, magazines etc) for which this is required.
    4. Does it need to be a web based service, or having the user be able to collaborate on one shared file using InDesign or InCopy on the Desktop will work? What is the advantage you feel over a web-service over the desktop app?
    5. How do you workaround this need today? What are the most important problems with…

2. Collaborative, Syncing, Files

Add collaborative qualities to files so multiple people can edit at the same time and sync to update. This is VITAL for team work and educational work. Group work and teams will never go away.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for making this request. In order to understand the use-case more better I have a few questions:

1. Whats the role of the different people working collaboratively on the same file. Are they always only designers or are other personas also involved.
    2. What are the different kind of files (brochures, books, magazines etc) for which this is required.
    3. Where is the file on which these different users need to work together on be placed. Should this be on a cloud server, or a shared server.
    4. How do you workaround this need today? What are the most important problems with the current workaround?

3. Drag text from CC libraries to existing line

When you drag text from the CC libraries into a text frame that has some text in it, the text you dragged won't be added to the line but it will create a new text frame.

I'd like it for the text to be added to a line in a text frame.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for making this suggestion. Currently you can right click on the Text element in the Libraries Panel with your insertion pointer at the location where you would want the text to go.
    Once you do this you get an option of Placing inline. This way you can insert the text at the exact same location.

Let me know how this goes for you.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base