Skip to content

Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2 results found

1. rectangle tool not showing stroke and fill in Preview mode

Since the last update the rectangle tool does not show strokes and fills on rectangles and ovals when I switch from Normal to Preview/bleed/slug/presentation mode. The only way I can make a rectangle that shows correctly (and prints) is to create a text box. It is an okay workaround for a while, but I cannot do ovals.

I am on CC, version 14.0.2 x64, and have done all updates.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved For User  ·  amaarora responded

Issue has been resolved for customer over mail.
    Issue did not occur after cleaning cache and preferences.

2. swatches don't merge when importing paragraph styles

When importing paragraph styles from the CC Library, the swatch colors for the styles get added to already existing swatches creating duplicates rather than merging. By the time all paragraph styles are added, there are 10+ swatches of the exact same color....

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The PANTONE 540 CP swatch, when added in InDesign, is a CMYK ‘Process’ Color swatch – it comes from the PANTONE Color Bridge Coated library. This swatch was used in a Paragraph Style and this style was added to the CC Libraries.

You also created another swatch (a custom swatch) which has the same name – PANTONE 540 CP but it is a CMYK ‘Spot’ Color swatch. This was present in the document when the Paragraph Style (created above) was added from CC Libraries to the Paragraph Styles panel.

When the Paragraph Style was added from CC Libraries to the Paragraph Styles panel, it found that a swatch with the name “PANTONE 540 CP” already exists in the document. Since swatches with the same name but different definitions cannot exist together in a document, it added the incoming swatch with a different name – “PANTONE 540 CP 2”…

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base