2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4 results found

1. Let me calculate in fields

With the new update, you wont let me edit posted values. for example, I calculate alot. lets say something is 3,4 but i want it to be 5,76 – I then open alfred (or a calculator) and calcutate 5,76/3,4=1,694117647 – this value I then copy and post into the scaling field. In order to increase the value, I have to move the coma from 1,694117647 to 169,4117647. In your new update you eliminated this possibility for me. I work like this very often, so you limit my effectiveness alot. Please give me back my calculating in the fileds!!!!!!!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closing this as feature already exists, since you can already do basic calculations in the edit fields directly.

2. Add Distribute Spacing Options to the Properties Panel

I have been wishing for the Distribute Spacing icons to be on the control bar for years. And it would be a welcomed addition to the new Properties Panel now as well. Additionally, and perhaps most importantly, having the Distribute Spacing part of the Keyboard Shortcuts as well. I have unsuccessfully tried to make macros for this as a keypress to instantly align objects on a page (to the preset number of pts). This addition would be tremendously helpful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Distribute Spacing icons, the checkbox to Use Spacing and the field to input custom spacing is available in the Properties panel under the Align Options (click the More Options button indicated by the 3 dots). You can also assign a Keyboard Shortcut to both Vertical Distribute Space and Horizontal Distribute Space in the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog (Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts) and choosing the Product Area : Object Editing.

Hope that helps.

Adobe InDesign team

3. Add a way to mark pages in the Pages palette

For complex projects, with a lot of revisions, it would be nice to mark pages with a color label, to distinguish the ones that need an update, are done etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Bring back the old "New Document" window

When clicking "New Document", the old UI was fast, simple, and just worked. I could switch between web or print, or select A3, US business card, Letter, whatever preset, in one click each, and set to work.

Now I have to go from "Recent" to "Print", then expand presets with "Show all presets", then scroll very precisely down to the correct preset - all because you've decided to flood the bloody thing with your templates. If I ever wanted to make some bland, generic stuff from user-friendly "templates" for whatever reason, I'd open Word.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry to see you facing issues with the new “New Document” dialog.

In InDesign there is still an option to revert to the older dialog by going to Preferences > General > Use Legacy New Document dialog.

This should make the older New Document dialog come up from then onwards.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base