40 votes19 comments · Adobe InDesign: SDK/Scripting Bugs and Features » Java Script · Flag idea as inappropriate… · Admin →
1. The majority of InDesign Scripting threads were merged and archived at first.
2. After a month or so, InDesign Scripting re-appeared as its own topic in the new forums.
3. David K. started un-archiving older threads last week, a few at a time, very slowly and by hand, because of odd server-side limitations.
4. There is no “Direct Link” to the Scripting Topic at this time, but this ought to be fixed with the current sprint from the forums team. The internal bug number is: ALFD-1530
While we wait for ALFD-1530, there is a backdoor way to find direct links to topics. You can follow a topic then look at your follows… or just use these links:
• InDesign Scripting: https://community.adobe.com/t5/forums/filteredbylabelpage/board-id/indesign/label-name/scripting
• InDesign SDK: https://community.adobe.com/t5/forums/filteredbylabelpage/board-id/indesign/label-name/sdk
• InDesign Server Developers: https://community.adobe.com/t5/forums/filteredbylabelpage/board-id/indesign/label-name/server%20developers
An error occurred while saving the commentChuck Nigash commented
A true example of form over function, when you can't find anything as simple as the "Correct Button" for a post let alone just scripting and GREP -- the whole purpose for coming here. Why not at least separate scripting under ExtendScript so that you attach a forum to one of your apps, because clearly it appears to be umbrella-driven vs content-driven.
A complete miss.