In order to reproduce the issue we sent information to all the affected users who have either voted or commented on this thread.
Based on the replies we got we could infer that the issue is occurring when a third party software or application is also running in parallel. Some examples of the software used include Global Auto-correct, Google Chrome,
Moreover, when the issue occurs it seems to hamper all CC applications such as Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop.
A possible fix for the solution includes restarting the application or restarting the system.
In the absence of any consistent reproducible steps, we are currently closing this thread as “not reproducible”. In case you again encounter the issue, please create a new thread mentioning the steps with which we can reproduce the issue and additional softwares, if in case any, that you are using.
InDesign TeamPhilip commented
SOLUTION: The issue is between web browsers (in my case chrome) and the adobe suite, shutting down the web browser seems to solve the issue, you can then open the browser again if you want and all should be back to normal. This only happens sometimes so restarting the browser app isn't too much of an effort.
Hope this helped!
(this works for me and might not work for everyone)