Skip to content

Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1 result found

1. Idml export issues

I have a file that won't export a fully formed .idml file. Here's my setup.

MacOS Mojave 10.14.4
    InDesign 14.0.2.324

Steps to reproduce: export or save one particular file as .idml format; open resulting .idml file.

Expected result: file should open as a new document.

Actual result: an error dialog pops up saying the file cannot be opened, with the error 'not well formed.'

This only occurs with one particular file, but it occurs on any Mac used to export the file, and with InDesign version 14.0.3

I have also tried to open the CC 2019 file in CC 2018,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  IDML Export  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    CLOSED  ·  amaarora responded

To identify the cause of this issue, we had started our investigation with the aim to resolve it. You might have also received email from us seeking more details to help in our investigation.

We’ve concluded our investigation and came up with the finding : Either the issue is fixed in the latest release of InDesign or the issue was intermittent in nature at the time of its reporting and is not reproducible now.

We recommend you to upgrade to the latest version of InDesign 2020 (if you’re not already on it). It contains a lot of stability fixes.

If you still face this issue even after updating to the latest version of InDesign, please submit the crash report to us. (The guidelines to submit crash are available at (https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html)
    We seek your support in our continual effort to improve InDesign.

Adobe InDesign Team

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base