Skip to content

Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

6428 results found

1. Texts automatically in registration mark colour

since installing version 17.3 or maybe earlier, every time you make a new text field the colour of the text is automatically in registration marks colour. Why is that? It used to be automatically black. I already checked the portrayal of black, it is set to be correct.
    I wish you would change it back to be automatically black, this is causing problems in printing especially if you're not careful enough when checking your document.

Sorry my Interface is in german i hope you can still follow the recording.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Bloc de texte

Ma version de InDesign : 18.0 x64

Ce n'est pas une idée mais je rencontre un bogue. La question est : comment régler ce bogue ?
    Voici la situation :
    1) je crée un bloc de texte. Je peux taper un texte à l'intérieur.
    2) J'appuie sur la touche ESC pour sélectionner le bloc
    3) Le bloc crée alors automatiquement un retrait du texte à l'intérieur. Ce retrait, je l'avais créé auparavant mais il semble qu'il se soit bloqué et que maintenant, tout nouveau bloc de texte se crée avec ce retrait de texte.
    4) J'ouvre Objet/Option de bloc de…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. PDF comments not accurate

ID 18.0 on Mac OS 12.6
    Imported PDF comments such as replaced text, inserted text and strikethroughs are misplaced. They appear to move 1-2 characters before the place they show on Acrobat.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. List Forms not working properly when exporting to interactive PDF in non latin lagunages.

I work for a translating company, the list forms items do not export as they should be when building an interactive PDF. Latin using languages are ok, but when doing forms with non latin fonts, I get the forms, full of dots instead of proper characters. I changed the font to ARIAL Unicode MS, which displays great everywhere else, except the list forms. Other Adobe fonts, wont work either. It impossible to know if the World ready Adobe composer is activated inside the form. The rest of the document is IN Adobe World Ready composer.
    Only the first item is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Embedding video and publishing online

I tried to embed four small videos (first at HD and then at SD) but the online publishing kept coming up with a error #16 message, when I tried to do this. After trial and error, I only managed to upload three videos into the Annual Report I had put together - not ideal at all.

This would imply that there IS a limitation in terms of file size when publishing online. The overall size of the InDesign file was 23,560 KB.

The three videos at SD were: 73,907 KB, 156,488 KB, 48,701 KB. The additional SD video that I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Links palette issue

Hi there;

I'm encountering a bug with the "Links" palette. Specifically, for a long list of links, the "Link info" panel doesn't preview properly, but rather overlaps the main list of links. Similarly, if a link alphabetically appears towards the bottom of the list, it isn't possible to select it from the Links palette.

Hoping this can be fixed with the next INDD update?!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Review Panel

I'm really enjoying the "Share for Review" feature in InDesign, but I am experiencing some annoying bugs in the Review panel.

Each time I click on an edit/comment in the Review panel, the program zooms out to fit the whole page in view. Every single time, I have to zoom back in to where I was before so I can get a closer view of what I'm doing.

Also, the Filter settings keep adjusting without my input. For example, if I apply a proposed edit (like deleting part of a sentence) before marking it as resolved, that comment/edit moves down…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Share for Review  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Dropdown

Design 18.0

No one of the item in all the dropdown menus (Toolbar, Control bar....) drops on click

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Lenteurs sur Indesign 2023

Sur la version 2023 (18.0) faire un assemblage est très très long. Plus de 20min pour un doc 16 pages..
    Je me dit : je vais prendre l'idml pour l'ouvrir sur la version 2022... idem j'ai laissé tombé : beaucoup trop long.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. InDesign 18.0 keeps hanging when hyperlinks panel is open (checking links)

In InDesign 18.0 on Windows 10:
    When I have a document open that has a lot of hyperlinks in the text and the Hyperlinks Panel is open, InDesign becomes unusable, because it constantly keeps checking the validity of the hyperlinks as a foreground process. So it keeps hanging and on the spinning blue circle. As soon as I manage to close the Hyperlinks Panel the problem dissapears, but sometimes I actually need to use the hyperlinks panel, and then the problem is back again. It becomes almost impossible to do/click/select anything in InDesign at that moment. This needs to be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 'Search for Missing Links in this Folder' not working

InDesign is not finding other missing links in a folder. I have only Illustrator files stored I a folder titled 'Illustrator', which is a subfolder of another folder titled 'Content'. The Indesign file sits at the same level as this 'Content' folder.

There are over 100 Illustrator files in the folder, some with single artboards and some with multiple, and some are placed in multiple locations in the InDesign file.

InDesign as no problem finding other missing links in other folders (titled Photoshop, PDF) which sit at the same level as the Illustrator folder.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Swatch gets duplicated when already in a Swatch Group

Swatched get duplicated when importing objects with the same color swatch if the original swatch is in a group.

To replicate the issue:
    1. Import an object from Illustrator. A swatch is created.
    OR Create a new swatch.
    2. Make a group with said swatch or swatches.
    3. Re-import same object from Illustrator. A new swatch will appear with the same name but ending in "2".

Eg. Although a "C=100 M=0 Y=0 K=0" swatch exists (in a swatch group) the new object (which is the same as before) will create a new swatch names "C=100 M=0 Y=0 K=0 2". If…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors/Swatches  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. class names when exporting to html

Hi,
    would be nice if paragraph or character styles would be saved intact when exporting to html. I work with a lot of books to create epub versions, and many of them have class names like - 1, 2, 3. or 1level, 2level, etc. When exporting to html all names where digits at the begiingis of class name, are changed to ''. So 1-level = _-level, 2-level = _-level. Which creates obvious problem. Would be nice if other solution would be applied, for example - html1-level, html_2-level, or anything else, but with names intact.
    Best regards

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. InDesign quitte à répétition

Bonjour Adobe

J'ai un problème avec un bloc de texte dans la mise-en-pages d’un livre de 780 pages.
    Lorsque la première fois, j’ai généré la table des matières pour la Liste des figures et tableaux et que j'ai voulu y faire des corrections InDesign a quitté et quand j'ai réouvert le travail, à chaque fois que j'ai voulu enlever du texte le logiciel quitte et requitte.
    Quand j'ai regénéré la Table des matières, je n'ai plus eu ce problème avec la nouvelle Liste, mais je suis toujours pris avec ce bloc de texte problématique.

J'avais déjà eu ce problème dans…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Display performance

after fighting with the display performance for a couple of days, I finally could preview it changing the settings in general settings. I haven't found any other solution for now but at least it works.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. InDesign 2023 18.0 /Users/user/Library/Application Support/Adobe InDesign/Version 18.0/en_US/InDesign Recovery/ filling up with DBTmp files

We have an automated process using InDesign to export the XML out of a .indd files. We are experiencing a scenario where InDesign is leaving behind numerous DBTmp files in /Users/user/Library/Application Support/Adobe InDesign/Version 18.0/en_US/InDesign Recovery/ to the point that our Mac is filling up a 500 Gig SSD. These files do not clean up after Quitting InDesign, a Reboot, attempting the Reset InDesign Preferences Shift-Control-Option-Command startup of InDesign. These files are also locked. In our scenario, we hit 119,000 files or so and InDesign just quit working due to the drive being full. I have attached a list of the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Publish Online Embed and Interactivity

When embedding a Publish Online document in a webpage, "read now" appears in the center of the document, and when the document is clicked, it goes into fullscreen mode. The problem is, once in fullscreen the "read now" button does not go away and prevents any of the interactive features in my document from being used. Once in fullscreen, the "read now" interface needs to go away.

It may also be useful to change how a user accesses fullscreen from an embedded document. They may not want to use fullscreen but are forced to when they interact with the document.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 2023 InDesign PDF:

Bleeds are not appearing when importing InDesign PDF into 2023 InDesign document using Monterey 12.2.1, even though we have accepted the document bleed settings in the preferences. The same exact file works in the previous versions (2022, 2020, 2019)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Image catalogue script only has Desktop as a folder option. InDesign 2023

When I've used this in previous editions, I was able to pick any folder on my computer. Now it only has Desktop as an option.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scripting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Crash on HTML export when notes contain hyperlinks, and messed up HTML

Steps to reproduce
    1. Export the attached file starting with "B272" as HTML
    2. BUG: ID crashes
    3. EXPECTED: No crash
    4. QUICK FIX: Remove all notes that contain hyperlinks
    5. RESULT: No crash on export

Note: The reason for crashing is NOT that many of the URLs contain a colon in a non-standard place. You can enter any URL and it will still crash.

This problem happens with about 80% of files with links in endnotes. It will not happen when endnotes are converted to footnotes. 20% of the files do export without crashing, but the HTML of endnotes…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base