Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hyperlink

Hyperlinks are not working when exporting to PDF from InDesign.Please fix this bug.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dictionary Hyphenation in Uppercase ignored (German)

Custom hyphenation settings are ignored for uppercase words in user dictionary (at least in german).

Example:
    dictionary entry: "kro~~~nach" (select field "case-sensitive" not set)

Expected behaviour:

Lorem ipsum Kro-
    nach dolor sit amet kro-
    nach

Actual behaviour:

Lorem ipsum Kron-
    ach dolor sit amet kro-
    nach

Workaround:

Enabling "Case-sensitive" and adding lowercase and uppercase version leads to correct hyphenation.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Table Eyedropper crash

Running High Sierra 10.13.2

InDesign version CC2018 13.1

Crashes when trying to select text within a table with the eyedropper tool, InDesign immediately crashes. This has been a problem for a couple of versions.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Crash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To identify the cause of this issue, we had started our investigation with the aim to resolve it. You might have also received email from us seeking more details to help in our investigation.

We’ve concluded our investigation and came up with the finding : Either the issue is fixed in the latest release of InDesign or the issue was intermittent in nature at the time of its reporting and is not reproducible now.

We recommend you to upgrade to the latest version of InDesign 2020.0.1 (if you’re not already on it). It contains a lot of stability fixes.

If you still face this issue even after updating to the latest version of InDesign, please submit the crash report to us. (The guidelines to submit crash are available at (https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html)

We seek your support in our continual effort to improve InDesign.

Adobe InDesign Team

4. INDESIGN KEEPS CRASHING

I’m working on an IMAC (late 2014) running OS 10.13.4.

I’m finding that this new version, as well as the one which preceded it, are very slow to process “saving” or “re-saving” files.

I have a feeling that the newest software is getting quite bloated with code: InDesign seems to get very confused if I work too quickly, ultimately resulting in my FORCE-QUITTING the program. The mouse just freezes and sometimes different tools seem to appear, as well as tooltips. This type of thing has never happened before, just with the NEWEST version.

I have much worry about files becoming…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

To identify the cause of this issue, we had started our investigation with the aim to resolve it. You might have also received email from us seeking more details to help in our investigation.

We’ve concluded our investigation and came up with the finding : Either the issue is fixed in the latest release of InDesign or the issue was intermittent in nature at the time of its reporting and is not reproducible now.

We recommend you to upgrade to the latest version of InDesign 2020.0.1 (if you’re not already on it). It contains a lot of stability fixes.

If you still face this issue even after updating to the latest version of InDesign, please submit the crash report to us. (The guidelines to submit crash are available at (https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html)

Adobe InDesign Team

5. shift key no longer works to gather objects into a group

shift key no longer works to gather objects into a group

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. installing new fonts and indesign crashes

I am very afraid to install any new fonts honestly. Illustration and photoshop work just fine but InDesign crashes constantly because of fonts; it just freezes. would appreciate it if it gets fixed in an update.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Adobe InDesign Team

7. Search field does not work in Open dialogue box

Simple search filename request in the Open dialogue box and the search does not work in InDesign. This works in EVERY SINGLE OTHER APPLICATION KNOWN TO MAN. Just not in InDesign. InDesign is becoming the most unstable app I have ever worked within in over 10 years. Come on Adobe - this is Mac App 101 and you are FAILING MISERABLY. Fix this embarrassment immediately.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Indesign doesn´t load printer configuration

When I try to print and go to printer preferences, InDesign does not load the preferences saved in the driver for printing modes, paper sizes, etc. It is an Epson SC-P800.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Print/Packaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Undo does not work properly on deleted text, it only deletes one character at a time instead of whole block of text

I am on a Mac and this is a problem with InDesign 2018.

If you backspace delete two or more characters from text, undo (Ctrl+Z) only restores one character at a time instead of the whole block that was deleted in that action.

Undo worked fine in previous versions of InDesign, and it works fine in Word and other apps.

I have tried deleting InDesign preferences and caches and even reinstalled it with import previous prefereces unchecked, but the problem remains, and I cannot find any solution. Can someone please help?

Macbook Air now running High Sierra 10.13.2 (but problem…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need more info  ·  4 comments  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Converting 2018 to 2017

Most times when trying to open indd 2018 files from indd 2017, it gives the option to convert. Then says unable to convert because I'm not signed in when in fact...I am.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. endnote

There appears to be a bug in the endnote linking when exported to PDF from InDesign. I'm running InDesign 13.0.1 x64 (Windows).

When I export an InDesign document as a PDF, endnote linking (from the reference to the text and v.v.) is incorrect.

Please see https://forums.adobe.com/message/10048963 for the full discussion. In short:

Create a document with multiple sections (e.g. 1st section with 9 pages, 2nd section with 125 pages). Endnotes in second section will link nine pages too early (e.g., if you have an endnote on page 122, clicking on the endnote in the PDF will link to page 113.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Duplicate Page Sizes

If I go to add a new page, for some reason all my page sizes are duplicated.

The secondary one don't do anything and can't be clicked on, the first one works correctly as it should.

InDesign 13.1 MacOS 10.13.5

Done all the usual restarts, check for updates etc.

Any ideas?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have released an update for InDesign CC2019 (v 14.0.1) which contains fixes for some key issues. If you are not already on 14.0.1 (build 209), then we recommend you to update to latest version.

If you still face this issue even after updating, please send the following information to santalwa@adobe.com :

Reproducible Steps –
    • Is the issue related to a specific document(s)/asset(s)? If yes, can you please share the document(s)/asset(s) with us? Please package the entire document(To package the document, Go to File → Package)
    • Does trashing InDesign Preferences and Cache help resolve the issue? Please take a backup of the same before trashing them.

Adobe InDesign team

13. Unable to apply multiple character styles after last update

I used to be able to select a piece of text, then open the Character Styles panel and select multiple character styles using the control key. I can successfully click. However, the styles selected are not retained. Only the first style I had selected is still applied. This is a huge bug affecting my impending book publishing.

I even cross confirmed it with two simple character styles - one [embolden] and one [italica] (aka bold and italic) expecting to be able to select both.

This DID work around October 2017 - we just did not notice that it had stopped…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. New defined Character Color in Paragraph Style not visible

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
      Adobe InDesign CC Version 2017.1 Build 12.1.0.56
      MAC OS X Yosemite 10.10.5

2. Steps to reproduce the issues
      Create a new Paragraph Style
      Go to Character Color tab
      Create new color with a double click in the black square
      Define some values for C/M/Y/K and click OK

3. Expected result
      The new color shoud show up at the end of the existing color list

4. Actual result
      The new Color don’t show up
      After changing to another tab and back the color show up

5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
      Video…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The fix for this issue is now available in the latest update 14.0.2 of InDesign 2019.
    If you are unable to see the update notification yet, open the menu (three dots) from the top-right of Creative Cloud desktop application and click on ‘Check For App Updates’.
    Once the update button is shown against InDesign, click on the button to update to Id 14.0.2.

If you face any problems with the new update, do let us know in the comments.
    https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/fixed-issues.html

15. .Indd files look like their opening, but they and the controls are not displaying in Indd. Just missing.

.Indd files look like their opening, the application seems to think it's open, but they and the controls are not displaying in Indd. It's just missing. It happens with any Indd file. No error. It just wont' open, but you can see the temporary file in the folder showing it's open, and it asks me if I want to save it when I go to quit. I just reinitialized my computer last weekend and reinstalled CC.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. There is no InDesign's icon

InDesign's icon is broken in the alt-tab menu on Windows.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Cursor spins and text display lags while typing

ISSUE: While typing, text display will freeze/lag, and the cursor will change to a loading icon for about 2 seconds, then the text will finally appear all at once after the loading icon changes back to a regular cursor. This happens while typing in a regular text box.

EXPECTED RESULT: I expect text to appear on screen immediately as I press the key on the keyboard, not after a 2 second lag.

Version: InDesign CC 13.0 x64

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. High Sierra 無法開啟 cs3 indesign

無法開啟cs3indesign

安裝了macOS 10.13 High Sierra後。開啟cs3 indesign時。呈現空白對話框。既無法繼續操作也無法結束 . 請問有無解絕的辦法

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Crash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Adobe InDesign Team

20. interface small

Icons and font in indesign cc 2018 is too small
    What about solving this issue
    Thanks

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)