Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. EPUB Interactivity panel resizes

In the release version of InDesign CC 2018, when you resize the EIP panel, then close it or make it part of a workspace, it should open at the same size you left it.

In CC 2018, it opens in the size you last left it, but immediately snaps to a very small size, forcing you to resize it EVERY time.

This makes working with interactive features very cumbersome. Please fix! Thank you.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello All,

Thank you for your support. The issue is now fixed in the latest update of InDesign.
    Please upgrade to the new InDesign 14.0 from your Creative Cloud Application.

If you are unable to see the update yet, click on the menu (three dots) on the top right corner of Creative cloud app and click on “Check for App Updates”.

Let us know your feedback in the comment section.

Thanks,
    Abhinav Kaushik
    InDesign Team

2. InDesign CC2018 – loss of Options from text frames when copy a frame from an older version

All the formattings of text frames, which I have entred in for example CC2017 or earlier, will not be transfered to CC2018.

This is scarry, and as I do not have any idea, I'll change back my work zu CC2017.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Error on Inset Spacing on Text Frame

The Inset spacing on a Text Frame can be set to keep text from the edge of a box as in previous versions. However I am finding that when I request the frame be resized to fit the text exactly the bottom inset is not being recognised. Is this an recognised issue?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Clip to Frame paragraph shading

InDesign 13.0 x64 Windows

Create a paragraph style with paragraph shading, width set to column. Set positive left and right offsets. Enable "Clip to Frame".

Expected result: Shading does not extend beyond frame.
    Actual result: Shading offset is clipped on left frame margin, but clipping is not honored on right frame margin.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. cmd+v not working in scripts

1. InDesign 2015, 2017 and 2018 on Mac OS (only on Mac. Works on Windows)
    2. Run the sample script "ImageCatalog.jsx". When the save dialog opens create a new folder. Name the folder by pasting a text using cmd+v.
    3. Any copied text would be expected to be pasted to name the folder.
    4. Nothing happens. But if you right click and choose "Paste" it works fine.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. glow

I had created a 1-up postcard for a proof in InDesign, and then placed it in a second InDesign document 3-up. When I exported it to PDF from the 3-up document using "Fiery Optimized" settings, the resulting PDF was missing all outer glow effects. Looking at the PDF, the outer glow on page one was on the "Sacramento Investor" logo on the lower left positions, and on page two, on that same logo, plus the text on top of all the property photos

I packaged the doc and links, which are attached. As part of that process, I created a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. drop shadow effect bug - in NEW 2018 Indesign

The Blend Mode in DROP SHADOW is FROZEN on MULTIPLY.. I cannot choose any other blend option... i.e. screen, darken, lighten..and it defaults to MULTIPLY...

I tried drop shadow filter on multiple elements and documents.. STILL FROZEN... BIG BUG..

I'll go back to using the older version until you get your issues fixed.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Effects/Transparency  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    Can you add a video showing the issue? and some steps to reproduce the issue…
    We are unable to reproduce this bug.
    Are you on MAC or Win? Does it happen with all documents?
    You can add a video to WeTransfer/Dropbox etc and add a link here as comment.

Also, please confirm if your issue is similar to one mentioned here.. https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/31964464-blending-effects

-Aman

8. space before and after ordered and unordered lists

I'd like to space before and after fields added to the Bullets and Numbering panel of paragraph styles. I often prefer to base my ULs and OLs on my body style which includes the space applied to the end of the paragraph. I can remove the space but then my list item lack the proper spacing for the last item in the list. I fix this by creating a last item style and apply it manually but this is a real pain. It would be nice to have space before and after fields to adjust the padding around a list,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Separations palette without numbers

At some point the numbers go missing from the separations preview, when separations is chosen from the palette menu. This applies also to the Ink Limit view. Resetting preferences will help for a while.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. CC library window disappears from workspace

Every time I start indesign the CC libraries window disappears from my workspace. I add it again and overwrite my workspace, but it disappears again as soon as I quit. Using CC 2018 13.0 on Mac OS El Capitan 10.11.6

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. open copy

Adobe InDesign CC v 13.0 - macOS 10.9 - 10.13

I feel like this was a previously fixed bug in an older version, but may well be back with the latest 2018 update.

After upgrading InDesign to v 13.0, we are now not longer able to open a copy of files in use, neither duplicate the file in Finder.

When we try to open a copy we get this error message: “Cannot open file [filename.indd]. The file [filename.indd] is incompatible with Adobe InDesign (Error code: 14).”

When we try to duplicate the file, we get this error message: “The operation…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Clicking between windows changes page on previous active window

Is anyone else having this odd behavior where clicking between windows change page shown on previous active window?

https://cl.ly/3N0L3G25150U

This happens on both new InDesign CC 2018 and CC 2017. I'm running:

- InDesign CC 2018 (Build 13.0.1)
    - InDesign CC 2017.1 (Build 12.1.0.56)
    - macOS 10.12.5
    - iMac 27" Early 2013

I've post this here as well: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2417538

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Post it style note

A DTP program I used twenty years ago had a fantastic feature that has never been included in InDesign. At the bottom of the tools panel was a small area that when clicked and dragged off became a non-printing post-it note with the text active for immediate typing of a note.
    It was really handy, as sometimes when doing a page layout you really want to note when you have say adjusted tracking, or indeed just a future reminder where for example you want to remind another designer to say edit an image etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. BUG - Paste in Place not pasting correctly with double page spread

Latest version (2018) does not correctly locate objects when using the 'paste in place' function.

Open a double page spread document. Select item from left page spread and paste in place on another spread in same document - locates incorrectly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. EPS saving as AI or PDF bug then printing in InDesign

Hi When saving an EPS file to either AI or PDF downloaded from a stock site I have had issues with both the on screen preview and print from InDesign. When I save it as an EPS again it appears to regain the proper appearance both on screen and in print. Is there a transparency issue when converting an EPS to AI or PDF?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. cc library

InDesign 2018 as soon as its opened the CC Library panel pops up and starts flickering. If you try to do anything in ID it relocates the pointer to the library every few seconds. If you switch to a different program or browser other than ID it takes you back to ID within seconds to the library.

I've tried closing the panel but it just opens up again. I've restarted my machine a few times. Its always the same. It makes it pretty much unusable.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. IDML custom page sizes

When using an INDD file with custom page sizes, IDML export does not keep Master Page and Document Pages aligned properly, because it registers them as different sizes.

Even if the pages are the same.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Idml Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Publish Online rtl

Indesign CC has a very good rtl support but when i publish online a document with binding from right to left it works in Print but not in publish online. Publish online always leads to left to rightsliding. Is this a bug or do i miss something? Thank you

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base