Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Lag in InDesign 14.0.1 when doing ANYTHING.

Lag in InDesign 14.0.1 when doing ANYTHING. Every time I click my mouse, make a move, do a single thing there is a 20-40 second LAG. This is beyond annoying. I am on a very tight deadline just like 99% of your other users. YOU NEED TO FIGURE THIS OUT ADOBE!!!!! And don't you dare tell me it's been figured out. I'm starting a new post per your request on March 26, 2019. FIX THIS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. InDesign 2019 Data Merge not allowing Multiple Records per page

The dropdown to allow Multiple Records per page is not available (not that it ever worked perfectly). Using the exact same settings, text, and csv file, it works fine in 2018.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. error message about activating fonts constantly flicking up, then disappearing.

the error message is constantly just flicking on screen and disappearing. it even pops up when using other programs in front of in design.

could fonts just go into memory once you open a doc and there is plenty of memory left. to avoid constant font issues. indesign is always telling me fonts that are installed have gone missing, then a few seconds later they come back.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Font Issues

InDesign 2019 doesn't recognize Raleway and Ultra Stint fonts when opening documents created in InDesign 2018. Fonts are loaded and active under the Creative Cloud, system has been started/restarted.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Can't open .idap files

We can package .icap files and send them to the proofreader, but when we get the .idap files back we can't open them. We get the error "The selected package file requires an InDesign document “^1” that cannot be found."

Others seem to be having the same issue here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2551100
    The plugin listed in that forum thread does not fix the problem either.

The problem started when our team updated to CC 2019... had no problems until the update. We're on Apple's Mojave OS and 2019 InDesign.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Links panel

When you highlight a link in the document, it used to highlight the corresponding image in the links panel, so you could easily edit or replace, instead of having to scroll through the links panel trying to identify the asset from the thumbnail. A minor workflow thing but it makes a difference. Would love to have this feature back in.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. CC19 14.0.1 ISSUES

Running Indesign CC2019 14.0.1 on a MACBOOK PRO running Mojave - currently having a number of unexpected outcomes - spacebar unable to use to navigate page - SHIFT unable to proportion constrain and ALT unable to drag copy items.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. GREP: Repetition (*, +) at the end of a Positive Lookbehind group doesn't seem to work

Product: Adobe InDesign CC 2019 (14.01)

Steps to reproduce:
    - Create a document with the text "abcde"
    - (Case 1) Do a GREP search for "(?<=bc+)d"
    - (Case 1) Do a GREP search for "(?<=bc*)d"

Expected result: highlight the "d"

Actual result: Cannot find match.

Note that searching for "(?<=bc)d" does work, as do of course "(?<b)c*d" and "(?=b)c+d".

Note also that this applied to GREP Styles in a paragraph style.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. InDesign ICML & IDAP isssues

When I import ICML files into InDesign 2018 or 2019. the article never shows up in the Assignments panel.

In addition in InDesign 2019, when I export ICAP file for the editor to work on the ICAP file is corrupt and the editor can not open it in InCopy. The few times the editor can open the file and send back and IDAP file, I'm getting an error message telling me the InDesign no longer supports IDAP files!!!

I have been working in 2017 InDesign since it's the last version this worked properly. However, I AM NOT PAYING A MONTHLY…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. FileInfo

File Info dialog box is not displayed when selecting File > File Info. The dialog is active but is somewhere off screen. (OS is OS X/High Sierra.)

This problem has existed for some time; in previous versions the problem was solved by deleting the file "DVADialogPrefs.xml" but this file no longer exists.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Library windows when opening and closing documents

When I open a document, a "Sample Buttons and Forms," library window opens, covering up menus, even though I do not have libraries set to display. Likewise, when I close the document, a different (in this case, locally created, window appears). Always the same windows. See screenshots. It's annoying to have to close these windows every time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Strange black window in InDesign CC 14.0

There is a strange bug since my latest upgrade to 14.0. Each time I import an image into a frame (cmd D) it appears a black window. Very annoying. Now way to get rid of it except shutting everything down, quitting InDesign and restarting. What's wrong?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Scaling of arrowheads on paths is so wrong

If I put an arrow head (or any other of the predefined startings/endings) on a path and scale it, it barlely changes the actuall size of the starting ending, even with crazy huge precentage changes, like 1% and 200%. See screenshot from InDesign CC 2019.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Basic Shortcuts Gone

InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator all lost shortcuts such as spacebar hand, zoom, unable to scale boxes in InDesign or constrain placed images, Photoshop you can't constrain a scale with shift. All same in Illustrator. Just noticed these yesterday and assumed it was Mojave, which I installed Saturday. I updated Adobe upgrades but that didn't help.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. PDF comment import does not show regular sticky notes.

The new PDF comment feature imports the comments just fine, but regular sticky note comments are not displaying. They show up in the list, but do not point to where they are on the document.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. changes reverting back?

Beginning yesterday, anytime I edit my document, the changes momentarily take place and then the changed or deleted items reappear. If I switch between preview and normal, the changes will show.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Creative Cloud

I have Creative Cloud installed, but can't use it from within InDesign- the panel window says I don't have it installed. This is a bug. I voted when somebody else reported it, but it isn't fixed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. eyedropper tool

Adobe InDesign CC 2017 (also 2018) The eyedropper tool does not work on text, when there is a second layer with data in it. On the screenshot I tried to make the text green.
    When the red layer is turned off, it works properly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Can't Open JPEG file

Hi there

I am having trouble opening up .jpeg files from Indesign. It is installed as a part of my Creative Cloud subscription. Please see attached for the error that pops up. Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks
    G

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Preview bug, always scrambled

Preview is always messed up. Images attached, text is often spliced like this until I zoom in and out. Sometimes overprint preview helps but it's happening frequently and I can't see what my work looks like...

Indesign CC 2017

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base