Skip to content

Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

887 results found

1. Can't press 'Done' in Adobe Comp after adding columns and guides

If I go to settings, add guides, I will not be able to get out of the settings as the done button does not work

Worked with support and they are saying it is not a bug, but offered no further steps other than posting here

Case ADB-7060282-R3X8

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Others  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Inaccessible URL Link in preflight panel

Inaccessible URL link option in Preflight panel is not working after implementing Adobe CC version. It was working in CS5 but in all CC version still CC 2019 is not working.

For Digital purpose we need this option. I attached screen shot for your reference

In the attached screen shot there is one dead link it shows red color in Hyperlink window, but the indesign preflight panel shows No Error. If its working properly mean it need to be show error

Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Text blue highlights in Screen Mode "Normal" view

Using iMac 2013 with High Sierra 10.13.6
    InDesign CS 2019 up-to-date 14.0.2

In View drop-down menu, Screen Mode "Normal" selection, blue boxes appear over some text and behind some text boxes. It is intermittent, no real common denominator. It disappears when Screen Mode "Preview" is selected.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Некорректно работает пробная версия

При запуске Indesign вылазит окошко с активацией пробной 7-дневной версии, после ее активации данное окно не пропадает и появляется на экране каждые 10 секунд. Что-либо редактировать в файле не получается. Помимо этого это окно с активацией еще и тормозит, какой смысл давать пользоваться демо-версией 7 дней, если она работает неправильно?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. InDesign-window "Missing Links in document" does not appear when Microsoft DFS-Links not available

SITUATION
    We migrated our old Active Directory "OldAD.ads" to a complete new one "NewAD.ads"
    We use InDesign CC2019 (latest Version)

All out file-shares are mounted on client computers with Microsoft DFS-Links.
    - Old DFS-Link: \OldAD\DFS\OldShare - The DFS-Links points to a share on our old fileserver: \OldFileServer.OldAD.ads\Share_OLD
    All shares on the old fileserver are closed, so the DFS-Links have no destination but are still "available".

• New DFS-Link: \NewAD\DFS\NewShare - The DFS-Links points to a share on our new fileserver: \NewFileServer.NewAD.ads\Share_NEW

Both fileservers hold "their" (Active Directory based) DFS-structure.

Of course, all users open their files on the new fileserver, shares…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. panels / windows won't open, InDesign doesn't launch 80% of the time

Honestly wasn't sure what to file this under. I am running the latest version of InDesign (version 14.0.2). About 4/5 times when I click to launch InDesign, it bounces for several minutes and then nothing happens... and then it stops bouncing and the dot under the app also goes away, yet the app says its open - still no windows. Eventually - usually after about 10-15 minutes of waiting - I have to right click, quit, and start again.

But this is the part that really bothers me: When it finally does open properly and loads a document, many of…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Others  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need More Info  ·  amaarora responded

Could you please try reinstalling InDesign application after clearing up(or renaming) your preferences and cache for InDesign 2019(14.0).
    If you still face the issue after doing the above, please share with us some screenshots and(or) small video demonstrating the problem.

-InDesign Team

7. Restrict the selection area on PDF comments to the comment only

Restrict the selection area on PDF comments to the comment only, so that I can't accidently select the comment date (or line break after the comment).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Not able to create new guides

I am seeing many issues with the new updated InDesign - it seems a lot of the issues are solved if you have no browsers open. But let's be honest that is ridiculous! First I was not able to scale items proportionately while holding down the shift key. Now I can't create new guides, however the minute I close out all my browsers this functionality begins to work.

Please fix the many conflicts between INDD and the web browsers. I am on a MacBook Pro using High Sierra. The conflicts appear when either Chrome or FireFox are open. I need…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Anchored Object Lock/Prevent Manual Position Override

The Prevent Manual Positioning creates a Locked Object, but unlocking the widget doesn't remove the Prevent manual override.

When you check to "Prevent Manual Override" an anchored object receives a lock adornment. An object Style can be created from this object. If that lock is unlocked the Object style shows as override, but the "Prevent Manual Override" is still checked.

If the object style is redefined. The lock adornment is still unlocked, and the "Prevent Manual Positioning" is still checked. Reapplying the style locks the object.

There should be more consistent behaviour of "Prevent Manual Positioning" and the "Lock". Even…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. InDesign 2019 is not finding missing fonts - preflight does not find it and "Find Font" either, but discovered it with Flattening a PDF

InDesign 2019 on MacBook Pro 10.14.3 - "Find Missing Font" is not working. It said all was good. Even the Preflight (with Font Missing checked) said all was error free. But when I exported the file to a pdf and ran the flattening feature, it found the 2 missing fonts--both were TTFs. So I went back to Font Book to add those fonts. All was fine then, but why didn't InDesign tell me there were missing fonts?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Stroke on outside of shape breaks for compound paths

This bug has existed for some time and is still in InDesign 14.0.1.209 for Macintosh.

A stoke aligned to the outside of a compound path is on the outside of the outer paths, but on the inside of the inner paths. The attached image shows a stroke on the outside of text, as it should appear, and on the outside of the same text converted to paths. The stroke on the counters of A, O, and R is on the wrong side of the path.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Problems with zoom on tablets wacom

The Zoom function (Zoom In and Zoom Out) made with two fingers directly on the Wacom tablet (in my case an Intuos Pro L) or made using the Wacom Touch Ring tablet still does not work in InDesign, for a long time, with different versions of InDesign and with different operating systems (OS Mavericks - Sierra-High Sierra and now also Mojave ...).
    All this is very frustrating, because it eliminates a very important function for those who have to paginate!
    On all other programs (Illustrator, Photoshop and competition programs - Affinity Designer and Affinity Publisher Beta) it works regularly: I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Others  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. error message about activating fonts constantly flicking up, then disappearing.

the error message is constantly just flicking on screen and disappearing. it even pops up when using other programs in front of in design.

could fonts just go into memory once you open a doc and there is plenty of memory left. to avoid constant font issues. indesign is always telling me fonts that are installed have gone missing, then a few seconds later they come back.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Font Issues

InDesign 2019 doesn't recognize Raleway and Ultra Stint fonts when opening documents created in InDesign 2018. Fonts are loaded and active under the Creative Cloud, system has been started/restarted.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. PageMaker import doesn't work.

InDesign is supposed to import PageMaker 6.5 documents. Adobe gives instructions for it here: https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/converting-quarkxpress-pagemaker-documents.html#convert_pagemaker_documents

This doesn't work. Not only are p65 files not recognized as loadable by default, but attempting to load them forcibly results in an error message from InDesign.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. eyedropper not working correctly

That's version 14.0.1.209

When I create a NEW document — there is no problem, the eyedropper working correctly.
    BUT...
    When I work in a document that was previously in an earlier version (for example, CC 2018), then this problem is present.

If I CREATE a new text box in a document that has been re-saved from an earlier version (IC 2018), then the eyedropper will not work correctly.

If I CREATE a new text box in a NEW document (CCP 2019), and then transfer it to an old document, then the eyedropper in the new box will not work.

If…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Others  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. CC19 14.0.1 ISSUES

Running Indesign CC2019 14.0.1 on a MACBOOK PRO running Mojave - currently having a number of unexpected outcomes - spacebar unable to use to navigate page - SHIFT unable to proportion constrain and ALT unable to drag copy items.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Others  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. GREP: Repetition (*, +) at the end of a Positive Lookbehind group doesn't seem to work

Product: Adobe InDesign CC 2019 (14.01)

Steps to reproduce:
    - Create a document with the text "abcde"
    - (Case 1) Do a GREP search for "(?<=bc+)d"
    - (Case 1) Do a GREP search for "(?<=bc*)d"

Expected result: highlight the "d"

Actual result: Cannot find match.

Note that searching for "(?<=bc)d" does work, as do of course "(?<b)c*d" and "(?=b)c+d".

Note also that this applied to GREP Styles in a paragraph style.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Others  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. FileInfo

File Info dialog box is not displayed when selecting File > File Info. The dialog is active but is somewhere off screen. (OS is OS X/High Sierra.)

This problem has existed for some time; in previous versions the problem was solved by deleting the file "DVADialogPrefs.xml" but this file no longer exists.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Library windows when opening and closing documents

When I open a document, a "Sample Buttons and Forms," library window opens, covering up menus, even though I do not have libraries set to display. Likewise, when I close the document, a different (in this case, locally created, window appears). Always the same windows. See screenshots. It's annoying to have to close these windows every time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base