Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)

Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

Bug details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fonts say they are activating but never activate

Indesign 14.0.1 : When you click to activate a font it changes icon to "activating" but it never actually activates. this is happening across all 60 plus computers at my organistaion.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. CC19 14.0.1 ISSUES

Running Indesign CC2019 14.0.1 on a MACBOOK PRO running Mojave - currently having a number of unexpected outcomes - spacebar unable to use to navigate page - SHIFT unable to proportion constrain and ALT unable to drag copy items.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. InDesign CC2019: Mouse cursor is quickly flashing whenever moving placed objects

The mouse cursor is quickly flashing and lagging whenever moving placed objects and it makes it really hard to click/drag/edit the image

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Not able to create new guides

I am seeing many issues with the new updated InDesign - it seems a lot of the issues are solved if you have no browsers open. But let's be honest that is ridiculous! First I was not able to scale items proportionately while holding down the shift key. Now I can't create new guides, however the minute I close out all my browsers this functionality begins to work.

Please fix the many conflicts between INDD and the web browsers. I am on a MacBook Pro using High Sierra. The conflicts appear when either Chrome or FireFox are open. I need…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. InDesign, latest version. GREP: find period (.) character followed by endnote reference number. Should be (\.)(~U) but doesn't seem to work.

GREP: find period (.) character followed by endnote reference number. Should be (\.)(~U) but doesn't seem to work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Please can you confirm if this GREP query works for small text ranges? (for example text selection containing around 10K characters)
    For me, the query works for just in a document containing one (.) followed by one endnote marker

If it works for you as well on small documents, your issue may be same as https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/37286893-cc-14-0-2-grep-search-not-working

-Adobe InDesign Team

6. raccourcis clavier

illustrator 14.0.2
    régulièrement les raccourcis clavier ne fonctionnent plus (exemple : command O etc.) il faut aller dans edition > raccourcis claviers pour resélectionner les raccourcis. ensuite cela refonctionne, jusqu'au prochain bug.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Links panel

When you highlight a link in the document, it used to highlight the corresponding image in the links panel, so you could easily edit or replace, instead of having to scroll through the links panel trying to identify the asset from the thumbnail. A minor workflow thing but it makes a difference. Would love to have this feature back in.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. InDesign 2019 is not finding missing fonts - preflight does not find it and "Find Font" either, but discovered it with Flattening a PDF

InDesign 2019 on MacBook Pro 10.14.3 - "Find Missing Font" is not working. It said all was good. Even the Preflight (with Font Missing checked) said all was error free. But when I exported the file to a pdf and ran the flattening feature, it found the 2 missing fonts--both were TTFs. So I went back to Font Book to add those fonts. All was fine then, but why didn't InDesign tell me there were missing fonts?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Stroke on outside of shape breaks for compound paths

This bug has existed for some time and is still in InDesign 14.0.1.209 for Macintosh.

A stoke aligned to the outside of a compound path is on the outside of the outer paths, but on the inside of the inner paths. The attached image shows a stroke on the outside of text, as it should appear, and on the outside of the same text converted to paths. The stroke on the counters of A, O, and R is on the wrong side of the path.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Properties window not staying in custom workspace

Every time I open Indesign (14.0.1) my custom workspace loads, however, since adding the new 'properties' window to this workspace, the properties panel does not load with the custom, saved workspace. Instead I have to open it separately each time from the Window menu.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. eyedropper not working correctly

That's version 14.0.1.209

When I create a NEW document — there is no problem, the eyedropper working correctly.
    BUT...
    When I work in a document that was previously in an earlier version (for example, CC 2018), then this problem is present.

If I CREATE a new text box in a document that has been re-saved from an earlier version (IC 2018), then the eyedropper will not work correctly.

If I CREATE a new text box in a NEW document (CCP 2019), and then transfer it to an old document, then the eyedropper in the new box will not work.

If…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. direct selection tool only activates with "v" key

When text tool is active, direct selection tool can't be selected with mouse pointer. It looks like it's active but text tool is still active. Must type "v" to activate the direct selection tool.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Background Tasks stuck on "Cancelling"

I was exporting multiple PDFs that were not exporting properly. When I figured out they were stuck, I manually cancelled the export in "Background Tasks". Both tasks have been "Cancelling" for two days. I cannot close the files nor can I close InDesign.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. feed back

I have a multiple page text document in indesign, I want to spell check only the text in the panels, so manual selection is the best option in this scenario. But what happens is the spell checker always reverts back to document. how do you set it to stay on selection mode?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. InDesign 2019 Data Merge not allowing Multiple Records per page

The dropdown to allow Multiple Records per page is not available (not that it ever worked perfectly). Using the exact same settings, text, and csv file, it works fine in 2018.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Moving Objects with arrow keys is buggy

If I try to move and object with the arrow keys, ist does not take effect for several times and then the content of the object suddenly jumps. Same with line height adjustments: nothing happens / value ist not applied. Then ist suddenly jumps in the Layout.
    Impossible to work with the program.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Gradient Angle Resets to Default when Changing Color in Gradient Swatch

I have an object selected that has a gradient swatch applied to it, and the gradient goes from top to bottom. I then go to the color menu and double-click the gradient swatch. Now when I click on one of the two color squares in the gradient swatch the angle of the gradient on the selected object will revert back to its default angle (left to right). This only happens to objects that I have selected. Both on my macbook and windows pc. InDesign version 14.0.1

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. PDF

When placing a PDF of stylized text into ID2019, some text flips upside down. But it works fine in ID2018.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

The fix for this issue is now available in the latest update 14.0.2 of InDesign 2019.
    If you are unable to see the update notification yet, open the menu (three dots) from the top-right of Creative Cloud desktop application and click on ‘Check For App Updates’.
    Once the update button is shown against InDesign, click on the button to update to Id 14.0.2.

If you face any problems with the new update, do let us know in the comments.
    https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/fixed-issues.html

19. Find Font reports fonts activated with Suitcase Fusion are in system folder - knock on effect in XMPie

1. CC2019 Win10_64 (Suitcase Fusion 9)

2-4. Activate fonts with suitcase Fusion and use in job. Find Font will show the correct path to Fusion's font vault. After continuing to use InDesign and Fusion for a while, usually within 30 minutes of normal use, Find Font reports the same font is now in system folder.

This causes an issue with the XMPie uCreate plugin. When the incorrect path is shown, XLIM Preflight detects an issue with the font and won't allow the job to be exported. NB: I have recreated this bug with XMPie uninstalled.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)