Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)

Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

Bug details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Clearing effects applied to an object causes InDesign to hang.

InDesign CC2018 (13.1): Get the spinning beachball of death when I try to clear effects to an object. Specifically gradient feather for opacity. Just started happening.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Effects/Transparency  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Place .ai file indesign loses layers!

Idea? This is a bug. I followed bug link...
    Placing .ai file into indesign cc preview is perfect until release. Shows random white spots &yellow.
    Renamed file. Same problem. The red is in new layer above the diamond. Normal layer with several overlays. Turned off overlays and same. Why is it that normal layer allows white through? Just when you think you’re an intermediate this happens.
    Red low quality diamond is illustrator.
    The rest is self explanatory assuming the other two files uploaded. One was import dialog box for placing with shift. Everything looks fine until I place it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects/Transparency  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Gradient Feather -180° Shows Hard Edge

Gradient Feather Bug @ -180°

This bug has been in InDesign for many years.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When I try to switch between blending modes in the panel - I do not see the changes in real time in the file. I have to click outside the wi

When I try to switch between blending modes in the effects panel - I do not see the changes in real time in the file.
    I have to click outside the window every time to see what it looks like

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. eyedropper

Eyedropper not working in CC2018 (ME enabled). When I click a blank square then use eyedropper tool to copy color values from an existing vector graphic, the vector graphic container changes color instead. And while testing just now, if I draw two squares, one black one white, then select one to copy the color of the other, the selected square disappears. Text blocks fail to copy too and all eyedropper options are selected. This wasn't an issue with CC17.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi

There are two different issues mentioned here, and let me address them separately:
    1. Clicking a blank square then using eyedropper tool to copy color values from an existing vector graphic, the vector graphic container changes color instead.
    >>> Are you facing this problem with a specific vector graphic or with any graphic as I am unable to reproduce this issue with InDesign CC (13.0.1)? If possible, please share your indd file as a package with anasgupt@adobe.com and a small video demonstrating the issue will be really helpful.

2. If I draw two squares, one black one white, then select one to copy the color of the other, the selected square disappears.
    >>> With InDesign CC (13.0) the transform options have been added to the Eyedropper settings, this includes size and position. It seems that these options for you are checked and when you click on the square to…

6. effects panel blank

Effects panel is blank for the last month or two. Inconvenient.

Indesign 2018, 13.0.1
    Mac OS 10.13.1

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects/Transparency  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base