Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)

Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

Bug details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. eps file importing as a text file

CC 2018 is importing (placing) some of my eps graphic files as text files. See attached PDF file of sudoku image.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Graphics/Images/Assets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. links panel problems

So many problems with Links Panel after recent update:

1) Right click on PSD asset, EDIT ORIGINAL now doesn't work - "No editor associated with this link"
    2) Right click on AI asset > Edit with Photoshop, opens in Illustrator

Win10 / Ryzen 7 / 32BG RAM / NVMe + SSD Drives

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graphics/Images/Assets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Links from CC Library suddely missing and can't be relinked

I sometimes have a problem with links from the CC Libraries, the links work fine when I save and close the file. But then sometimes when I open the INDD-file the day after it says that the links are missing, and when I try to relink it just say that "Either the file doesn't excist, you do not have read permissions to it or the file is used in another application".

But none of the options in the dialog box are correct, the files in the library still works fine in other documents. I have no idea how to fix…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Graphics/Images/Assets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Graphics/Images/Assets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Object Layer Options not working using Photoshop files

I've placed the same layered photoshop files into ID three times to show how an animation works. Going to 'Object Layer Options' and clicking 'Keep Visibility Layer Overrides' is meant to keep your selected layers visible, even if the Photoshop is resaved. This no longer works. Once the link updates, all three update to look the same and forget which layers i've told it to show. Why?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Graphics/Images/Assets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. BUG Make "Fit Frame to Content" finally work with rotated/skewd content

1. Version: CS4 and above
    2. Steps: Just rotate/skew a picture within its box and use "FitFrameToContent" and watch the *content* gets cropped!
    3. Expected Result: The picture frame gets fit…
    4. Actual result: The content gets cropped.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Graphics/Images/Assets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. ID 2019 importing pictures appear pixelated

Just installed ID 2019 5/10/19. Importing hi-res photos, come in pixelated. PDFs are fine. Trashed ID prefs. No help. I noticed that it often says "Reading (photo)" at the bottom bar info, but my doc did not show that. However, if I DELETE one of the photos, then UNDO it (command-z), it forces ID to redraw it, along with the other photos. They appear sharp and hi-res. However, saving it does no good, as it appears pixelated whenever I open the doc (I tried several docs). So, the work-around is to do the delete-undo while I'm working on the file,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graphics/Images/Assets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Place a video from a URL with https

The window for "Place a video from a URL" will not accept a safe HTTPS link (only http). Thus when I publish it, the browser throws a warning asking if I trust the content. Extremely silly bug in this age of security issues.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. CC Library after last update now puts white box around all graphics

After the latest update, when I use my library to place a logo on a page in InDesign, it now almost looks like a white background PNG instead of the logo without any background. Running into printing issues with white boxes around all of our CC Library Graphics.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. illustrator art resizes with new Content aware fit feature

With the new Content Aware Fit feature Illustrator art from documents in a previous version of Indesign come in resized in the box. Therefore all legacy indd documents have Illustrator art that resized.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. HSV

Add HSV to Indesign!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. text skalierung

In InDesign ist es zum Teil nicht mehr möglich, Textfelder so zu skalieren, dass sich Zeilenumbrüche etc. verändern. Das ist ein übler Fehler!!!

Und wieso gibt es das Programm auf Deutsch, aber diese Webseite nicht???

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Graphics/Images/Assets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Library objects jump when being dragged onto the page

In InDesign CC 14.0.1 objects dragged from a library jump from the designated location to the pasteboard at the top of the spread. They can be repositioned easily enough by dragging but it takes extra time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. disappearing images

Images randomly disappear when I try and nudge them with the cursor keys. Very frustrating

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Paste in place behaves erratically for Word document import

I have a layout created from Placing a Word document with some vector graphics frames (originally pasted from Excel as a WMF) and text/table frames. These graphics need to be replaced with updated versions each month.

If I Place a new Word file into a temporary document then try to copy and paste new graphics one-by-one into the older version of the document, it looks like the graphics are updated if I stay on "medium quality" display setting. However if I change to "high quality", the graphics revert to previous versions.
    Export to PDF and Print will also produce the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Paste in place behaves erratically for Word document import

I have a layout created from Placing a Word document with some vector graphics frames (originally pasted from Excel as a WMF) and text/table frames. These graphics need to be replaced with updated versions each month.

If I Place a new Word file into a temporary document then try to copy and paste new graphics one-by-one into the older version of the document, it looks like the graphics are updated if I stay on "medium quality" display setting. However if I change to "high quality", the graphics revert to previous versions.
    Export to PDF and Print will also produce the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. "Go back on roll over" interactive button state checked/greyed out

I was working on an interactive project and found that the "go back on roll over" option becomes turned on and greyed out so you cannot un-check the box when adding an "upon release" action to a button. I initially could NOT figure out why this was happening, and it was totally screwing up my on-click actions in my project.

Eventually, I think I figured out that it seems to happen when you create a button, add an "on roll over" action and check the box "go back on roll off", then create ANOTHER action (like "on click"), and then…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Problema ao atualizar arquivos do Illustrator / Problem updating files from Illustrator

Boa noite. Há dois dias que começou. Depois da última atualização. Quando já tenho uma imagem vetorizado no InDesign, vou reedita-la no Illustrator (por exemplo mudança de cor ou texto) quando atualizo no InDesign ela muda de posição e de tamanho entro da caixa, quebrando todos ajustes de layout.

Google Translator:
    Good night. Two days have begun. After the last update. You are not illustrated in InDesign, that is, in Illustrator (Korean) when you are not in InDesign and change position and size in the box, breaking all layout adjustments.

InDesign 2019 (14.0.1)
    Illutrator 2019 (23.0.2)
    MacOS High Sierre 10.13.6 …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. variable barcodes not centered in frame and not always appearing in print files

Recently upgraded to InDesign CC 14.0.1 x64, HP SmartStream Designer 14.0.6, and Tech It Barcode Studio 15.11.1.23277.

Existing variable barcodes in InDesign documents are now not centered left to right in their frame.

Sometimes they are not appearing in the JLT print files created using SSD. They do appear in PDF print files created in SSD.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. illustrator

When importing .ai files it doesn't load correctly and even when exporting to pdf if displays it pixelated.

This image is not just on typical view, but even on high quality or even exporting as pdf X-1a.

I'm on InDesign cc 2019

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base