Live Preflight reporting a false error with OpenType Type 1 fonts
InDesign's Live Preflight will wrongly flag an OpenType Type 1 (PostScript flavored) font as invalid when the font appears in a linked graphic.
1. Create an InDesign Preflight Profile
2. Set it to flag Type 1 fonts as Font Type Not allowed.
3. Create a new InDesign document.
4. Add text using an OpenType Type 1 font.
5. Turn on the preflight.
The preflight will not signal an error. This is expected and correct.
6. Now export a PDF of the document created.
7. Create a new InDesign document.
8. Place the PDF as a linked graphic into the new document.
9. Turn on the preflight.
The preflight will flag any OpenType Type 1 font as "Font not allowed". This is incorrect. The expectation is for it to signal no error.
Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6
Thank you for reporting the issue to us.
We are currently reviewing it.
Robert Ewart commented
I'm getting this "Font not allowed" error but with normal (not linked) documents. All of the affected fonts are ones I downloaded from Adobe fonts. But not every font I downloaded, only four.
I'll be happy to send you the InDesign document if you want to look at it.
The issue is that the preflight will flag OpenType Type 1 fonts as Postscript Type 1 fonts when it's reading linked graphics.
I'm happy to send a package, but do you have an email where I can send it? I'm not at liberty to share font files on a forum. Thanks!