Bug details

Transparency Effect bug

Transparency Effect bug - Effects all objects on spread instead of only selected object.

I select a regular rectangle shape object with a solid fill (yellow) and change it's transparency under the effects menu to 75%. I have another regular rectangle object with a solid fill (turquoise) that's transparency is 100%. However, once I change the yellow rectangles transparency to 75%, the turquoise rectangle appears as if I've also changed it's transparency to 75% - not the desired result. When I change the yellow rectangle object back to 100% transparency, the turquoise rectangle object appears at it's original 100% transparency state. The change in transparency also effects the color of other objects on the same layout.

Adobe Indesign 2019 v 14.0.2
Windows 10

2 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Caitlin Curbello shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having the same problem. If I reduce transparency on one object it shifts the colors on all the others.

• Caitlin Curbello commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Must add - any new effect I add to any object changes the color of the other objects on the layout (drop shadow, etc.).

Feedback and Knowledge Base