Bug details

InDesign CC 2019 crash at launch

Long time corporate user now working independently. Purchased CC plan today. PS and Illustrator launch ok. InDesign 2019 (v 14.0.1) crashes during "starting up panels" phase of launch. Tried and got same result with CC 2017 (v 12.1.0) Problem recurs after multiple uninstalls, restarts etc.

No crash report generated.

Using windows 10.

2 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Robert Lloyd shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please submit the crash report to us.
    (Guidelines to submit crash are available at https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html)

Also, please send the following information to santalwa@adobe.com :

• Error snapshot or video recording of the issue.
    • Does trashing InDesign Preferences and Cache help resolve the issue? Please take a backup of the same before trashing them.

Adobe InDesign team

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Peter Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you are on Windows 10 v1809, I had the same problem. Fixed after installing the Feb Windows updates.

• Sanyam Talwar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please try to create a crash dump and provide information from Event viewer.

You can create the crash dump for windows using the following method:

1) Start Task Manager. To do this, use one of the following methods:
        • Right-click an empty area of the task bar, and then click Start Task Manager.
        • Press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.

2) Click the Processes tab.
        3) Right-click the name of the process(InDesign, in this case) that you want, and then click Create Dump File.
        Note: If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue.

A dump file for the process is created in the following folder:
        Drive: \Users\Username\AppData\Local\Temp
        4) When you receive a message that states that the dump file was successfully created, click OK.

• Robert Lloyd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for your response. I am unable to generate a crash report. The program crashes at launch. This has happened since first install several weeks ago - thus I have not been able to access any variables within the program. CC v 9.0 is the latest version of InDesign I have been able to successfully install. This leaves me with a lot of unopenable files last saved in later versions by clients. I see a number of reports with similar issues. Please suggest a course of action.

Regards,

Robert Lloyd

• Sanyam Talwar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please submit the crash report to us.
        (Guidelines to submit crash are available at https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html)

Also, please send the following information to santalwa@adobe.com :

• Error snapshot or video recording of the issue.
        • Does trashing InDesign Preferences and Cache help resolve the issue? Please take a backup of the same before trashing them.

Adobe InDesign team

Feedback and Knowledge Base