Bug details

Indesign CC

Using OS Mojave, 10.14.1: Bug in most recent version of Indesign CC, date 11.14.18: when I try to export a document as a pdf, instead of opening the document in preview, it starts up Illustrator and opens it there as an Illustrator pdf. Very strange. The document is still saved as a pdf, but only opens as an Illustrator file on my computer. I can still open the pdf in Preview. Please fix this.

6 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anita shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Cathy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This also happened to me. The files have the .pdf file extension, but they show as Illustrator files and open in Illustrator. I just updated Mojave to 10.14.4 and exported from the same InDesign file and it worked fine. Although other InDesign files exported PDFs just fine even before this update so I don't think Mojave is the problem.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same issue. I have to save to Drive and then download again to get a PDF, otherwise I just cannot get the PDF.

Anyone had any solution?

• P Clifton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Recently updated to InDesign 14.0.1. Now, when I export to a PDF, it saves it as an Illustrator PDF. Why? My settings are the same as they have always been.

Feedback and Knowledge Base