InDesign crashes on launch with Faulty module "PMRuntime" unless launched as Administrator or Creative Cloud Application
Issue: InDesign CC will not open from the Start Menu unless "Run as administrator" is selected. This is not an option for standard users.
It will open OK from the Creative Cloud Desktop App.
Event viewer log is generated showing the following:
Faulting application name: InDesign.exe, version 22.214.171.124
Faulting module name: PMRuntime.dll, version 126.96.36.199
Version: InDesign CC 2018, 13.1.076
Also occurs with version 188.8.131.52
Windows OS: Windows 10, version 1803 (Build 17134.165)
Select InDesign CC from the start menu. The application does not open and no messages appear. Check Event Viewer > Application to see the error.
There appears to be an issue with security permissions or a compatibility issue with the latest Windows 10 build.
Thank you for patience while we were investigating into the root cause of the issue.
During our investigation we identified that the issue manifests due to Symentec DLP antivirus software.
Please find below steps to whitelist the application:
1. From the Enforce console select System > Agents >Application Monitoring.
2. Select the application to white list. If it is not listed, click on “add application” and provide at least one of the required application binaries.(Refer to Symentec DLP_Console.png for reference)
Note: DLP attempts to validate every field populated. We recommend using as few as fields as needed. If the whitelist seems to fail, try changing which required field is populated or removing one of the other fields.
3. Uncheck all of the detection channels under the “Application Monitoring Configuration.”
4. Click on save and verify the application in the list of monitoring activities is unchecked.
5. After making these changes, test the whitelisted application to see if the issue is resolved.
23 commentsComments are closed
In Windows 10 OS InCopy application crashes when tried to launch the shortcut due to PMRuntime.dll.
Are you using any Print manager Software Named Fiery Manager?
Hello all! I am facing a CC InDesign Problem on Windows 7, 64. I can start the software from Creative Cloud but when I double-click the exe, it crashes immediately with this error:
Zusatzinformation 1: feca
Zusatzinformation 2: feca8aaaeecbaaeec56ac9bf43949164
Zusatzinformation 3: f2dc
Zusatzinformation 4: f2dc453ae0693947b7fdd5b34302e26c
does anyone has a clue how to solve this?
I installed all the updates offered by Creative Cloud
Thank you in advance and kind regards. Irene