Export to PDF (print file) causing Data Merge to return incorrect data
1. Creating csv file with UTF-16 encoding and 299 entries.
2. Creating new InDesign file, importing CSV data via Data Merge.
3. Preview data via Data Merge panel, everything is in place, no problems to solve.
4. Exporting PDF from saved document (PDF/X-4:2010 settings).
5. PDF starts with page, where instead of first record is a placeholder name (name of the column in csv) and some records are missing (296 pages instead of 299).
Tried different methods: use txt instead of csv, use different UTF encodings (8/16, with and without BOM, etc.). Nothing helps.
Win10, latest updates. InDesign CC 13.0.1 x64
Thanks for reporting the issue. We are reviewing it
Uwe Laubender commented
did you try to avoid step 3 on your list: "Preview data via Data Merge panel"?
I think, there is an old bug with "Preview" and data merge.