Skip to content

Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

3 results found

1. Printing Error: Problem initializing the current printer - Check the system print setting?

Printing Error: Problem initializing the current printer - Check the system print setting?

I have not changed anything in my settings for this error to occur? The previous version works and I have cross-referenced all my settings and they match but it will not allow the print booklet export to the Adobe PDF drive which has always worked?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sometimes, InDesign might crash while accessing the printer setup or while printing documents with some specific printers. The crash is intermittent and specific to Windows only.
    Currently, this issue is observed with the following printers when their drivers are not updated:
    • Konica Minolta
    • Canon ColorPass
    LANIER

If the printer you are using is not listed here or if updating the drivers of the listed printers does not resolve the issue, please share the following information at sharewithID@adobe.com to help us investigate the issue further:
    • Printer driver and printer setup details.
    • The configuration of your printer – local, network, or wireless.
    • Is the printer configured as your default printer?
    _
    Adobe InDesign Team

2. Printing Error: ^1

Ever since the 2019 update nearly all of our inDesign files refuse to print, you get error message ^1. We are running MacOS Mojave printing to a Cannon Image Runner Advance

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Image color settings get lost when duplicating image or when data merging

If a placed image has an icc-profile different from the documents' profile, that profile assigment will get lost when the image is being duplicated. The same thing is going to happen if the document is being data merged for variable data printing. The image will have a wrong profile assignment in the additional records when creating the merged document. Only the first record will be properly printed, the duplicates won't. Test files attached.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

By default color profiles are not maintained while copy-pasting and this behavior exists since CS6.
    To enable the behavior of maintaining a color profile while performing copy-paste action, we need to apply the required settings at the application/document level under the color settings dialog from the edit menu.
    To do so, open color settings and set color management policies for CMYK to preserve embedded profiles.

Closing the issue as designed.

InDesign team

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base